Dora Wings catalog 2017 - programme

Homebee

Excellent news. Golden age aircraft in 1:48 is an excellent topic. The Bellanca will be on my list and the GeeBee too. I build the Testors kit long ago but a new tool version would be nice. I hope you will have good sales so we can expect a nice range of 1:48 racers and such :-)

René

• Like 1

1/72 Wapiti and Wallace. At least some dreams coming true.

I confess the CMR resin Wapiti made it in the meantime almost onto the top of my "to build" pile, second in line resin kit (right after the Hawker Nimrod biplane I am starting now) in my plastic-resin-vacform modelling lifecycle.

And then the Wallace - at least once in a year I take the Frog PV-6 out of the stash, look at it, try to estimate the engineering of all the steps necessary to convert it to standard Wallace, and put it back again with a sad sight. Really looking forward to this autumn.

There were some rumours in the KP/AZ thread regarding DH-9/9A/Wapiti in 2017, but considering the notorious (at least here in Czech) changes in schedule, displayed by the KP/AZ team in the past, I think the Dora Wings plans look more realistic.

Patrik

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

It would be very good to see a Wallace in 1/72.

I'm not sure if KP will do a DH9. This is also a huge gap in 1/72 models. There is a resin model, but resin isn't ideal for all climates and is a little more expensive than an IM model.

A limousine/medevac DH9, a Hispano DH9 option, these would be superb.

I know you haven't mentioned them; it's just a suggestion.

If I may also suggest the Fairey III?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fairey_III

I really can't understand why a mainstream IM kit isn't already available.

Best regards

TonyT

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On Saturday, August 26, 2017 at 12:54 PM, dora said:

For the Wallace / Wapiti project, only the drawings are being built.

This is helped me by one very respected and authoritative member of the British model community.

Any news?

• 1 year later...