Well as I am sure many people spotted I moved the Dominie over to a RFI thread at the weekend.  Thanks to everyone for there help and support with this one.  I just dived in at the deep end and everyone came up trumps to help me through the build.  The RFI thread can be found at

Edited by bar side

Some really good modelling involved with this build.  You should be really proud of the final result. I too have toyed with various ways to get the best windows but your get on and do it manner is an inspiration. 

Great building and thanks for posting. 

Colin 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I've only just seen this but my god it's insane, in a good way!! Wow! 

I wouldn't have even thought it possible, from pretty much nothing. A 1/48 Dominie is one of the kits I'd like more than any other. There's no chance I could ever scratchbuild though, so hopefully Airfix or Hasegawa et al do the honours one day.

Absolutely brilliant skill and amazing result this. 

I don’t know @Lord Riot you don’t know what you can do until you try.  I only did this to see if I could & learned a load along the way.  Lots more I would like to scratch build.  I have started an F-27 which is sitting looking at me from the garage.  And I have a really daft idea to try a 1/48 VC-10.  But only so much time for these things

• Like 1