A couple of Tamiya classics

A couple of Tamiya classics, that is to say, old. The girls got them for me at Christmas, finding them on ebay, both for a tenner! They gave me them almost apologetically, afraid I wouldn't like them! Being Tamiya they pretty much fell together and only needed glue and paint, the only problem I found was the age of the decals, most of the Gepard ones were okay but the Sgt. York ones fell apart.

They were both brush painted in Humbrol enamels and it was a first for me, painting a more complicated camouflage on a vehicle. The Sgt. York is in "European Winter" and the Gepard is the NATO tri colour scheme. Both are completely out of the box and I have to say were great fun to build.

So my first two totally 2017 builds completed.

32818162905_fb26427d0d_z.jpgSgt York 1 by phil da greek, on Flickr

32003852653_276e8b4940_z.jpgSgt York 2 by phil da greek, on Flickr

31975289394_ef45ba1425_z.jpgSgt York 3 by phil da greek, on Flickr

32003852983_f837ca80de_z.jpgFlakpanzer Gepard 1 by phil da greek, on Flickr

32003852723_be076eb725_z.jpgFlakpanzer Gepard 2 by phil da greek, on Flickr

32694879881_a8866d38e1_z.jpgFlakpanzer Gepard 3 by phil da greek, on Flickr

Hope you like them & please share any comments but as always, the number of rivets may not be correct!

• Like 22

Two nice additions for you collection. Especially impressive that you went with brushed enamels and got such a smooth result. As I alwys like to point out wiith Gepards: Bundeswehr Gepards didn't have side skirts. But that's probably too late now.

• Like 1