Lazarus Project...1/48 Messerschmitt Bf109D Royal Hungarian Airforce

Reini78

Well, after starting the new AMG kit, my dad also tries to revive and save an older build of a Classic Airframes Dora.

Initially it looked like this

DSCN5519_zpse058cabd.jpg

The superglue got soft in one landing gear strut attaching point, tried to fix the angle of the leg but didn´t get it done due to the resin wheel wells.

Now it looks like this, gonna apply a new scheme and do a Hungarian D model with HAD decals and parts of a new CA kit from our stash.

DSC_0008_zpscbp9j8ag.jpg

DSC_0009_zps6uwbnsxk.jpg

DSC_0010_zpssz2jt1pm.jpg

DSC_0001_zpsbkyb2qri.jpg

• Like 2

New wings with the resin wheel wells

For those who haven´t built a CA 109, the wells are too thick and you have to sand of a lot, almost slightly the inner structure to get the wing halves together.

To avoid glueing the plastic legs to the resin wells and getting only one chance to get the angle right, my dad cut away a bit of the wells and improvise something with plastic so he can attach the legs with plastic glue

DSC_0005_zpsoow8otrf.jpg

DSC_0006_zpsegy2djfq.jpg

• Like 2

Wanted to use the HAD sheet for B/D 109s, found out that the Hungarian markings (at least for the CA kit) are oversized. After an intensive search I luckily found the instructions and the decals of the original kit.

Also did some minor changes to the camo on the tail and made the fuselage band more narrow.

DSC_0003_zpson7dgnto.jpg

• 2 weeks later...