A GOTHA

krow113

Drybrush masks were used to do the steps and window frames:

IMG-7804.jpg

Dbrushed in four colors:

IMG-7813.jpg

A good time to point out the useful demarcation provided by the cockpit coaming. I have a mask for this as well.

Edited by krow113
  • Like 12

Mind numbing busy work.

Double glueing the 40 odd eyelets into the top wing , rib tape decal repair and paint touch ups , readying the top wing for its install.

Also thinking about strut attachment to the bottom wing.

IMG-7819.jpg

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

Fuse details;

Specifically the gunring , gunring door , and the debris guards:

IMG-7886.jpg

A pic to show the a/m guard screen (not used , as well as the other 80% of the useless a/m set):

IMG-7881.jpg

No ref pics for the a/m screen , lots for the kit parts.

Set up for painting.

• Like 2

S'more fuse detail work.

On the IP doghouse adding the 2 mirrors and sorting the windshield.

Mirrors are mounted ,the left by drilling out the marked hole inside the doghouse and guessing where the right one went , both mounted slightly angled up and to the outside , care given that the 2 faces are parallel when viewed from the side.

You can see the windshield in the pic laying there. I suggest that the windshield be fitted when the doghouse work is started. It fits problematically and needs special care to get it sorted:

IMG-7888.jpg

IMG-7895.jpg

IMG-7896.jpg

P/E bezels were used to replicate mounting flanges..

• Like 7

• 11 months later...

Thanks Sgt.Squarehead.

Skillset stems from decades of custom fab experience.

A series of mishaps and happenings as well as the whole covid thing , well , its been really tough to get back to it.

So with the mindset to get it finished laddie Im looking at this with finality in mind.

Starting with the custom fuse decals , I am sourcing white decal suppliers , 5 have been found , answers on the way.

Teaser shot:

IMG-7776.jpg

• Like 3

Adrian ,Spartacus2K;

And everyone else looking in.

And thanks to one brutal friend who has suggested ; "You've milked it enough" , which implies a gain of some sort , but we all know how it goes: The longer we leave a model sitting , the tougher it is to re-start.

Thank you.

I'm struggling to get seated and get to work on this. The parts on the card are laying where I left them , just a matter of clearing my mind...

• 2 years later...

This is brilliant. And you aren't milking it - you are providing fascination for others. I for one would love to see it finished! Sorry to revive an old thread, but I am hoping my comment might provide the impetus to kick(re-)start it!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, sidevalve said:

This is brilliant. And you aren't milking it - you are providing fascination for others. I for one would love to see it finished! Sorry to revive an old thread, but I am hoping my comment might provide the impetus to kick(re-)start it!

Me too, never come across this before, amazing modelling.

Sorry lads.

This model and all of my others as well as my home and business were lost in a fire.

All of it is gone.

Enjoy the thread for what it is; a series of model kits that were assembled and were not able to be fully completed.

Thank you.

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

3 hours ago, krow113 said:

Sorry lads.

This model and all of my others as well as my home and business were lost in a fire.

All of it is gone.

Enjoy the thread for what it is; a series of model kits that were assembled and were not able to be fully completed.

Thank you.

Holy cr*p, that's rough.