A GOTHA

krow113

4 hours ago, krow113 said:

I think this procedure may be impossible in the smaller scales though, the shapes would be too small to work with. Decals in those scales may be a better bet.

Probably true, printed decals might be the way forward. I’ve had some good results with clear film on laser printers. But so far none too good with white on inkjet that might however be due to needing to seal them after printing. Still a challenge if ever there was one.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Was it a mis-measure or did the mask not get cut properly ? I presume you're talking about them not meeting in the middle. 

A little of this , a little of that...

A huge amount of thought goes in but still ...

When the application tape comes off I'll be able to see , and the tail can be plugged in then too.

The tail is in the top of this pic:

IMG-6709.jpg

Thank's for the interest and commenting.

• Like 2

Two hours well spent catching up with your years of preparation and brilliant execution. This is a fantastic build, a really inspirational and fascinating project. 👏👏👏

• Like 1

To be honest, I have been following this build since February 1917, and I feel I can no longer keep quiet. You do an stunning job! This, and the build of the engines are out of this world! I learned so much from both your build and your painting and airbrushing techniques. Thank you Krow!

• Like 5

5 hours ago, wavanberkel said:

To be honest, I have been following this build since February 1917, and I feel I can no longer keep quiet. You do an stunning job! This, and the build of the engines are out of this world! I learned so much from both your build and your painting and airbrushing techniques. Thank you Krow!

Couldn't agree more ... and now I'm watching the removal of the relevant masked areas and then seeing them all put precisely back in place before doing the following colour. It's really remarkable.

• Like 1

Well , well ,well very nice to see that.

I cant really apologise for the length of time it takes me to do the work, I don't get paid to model.

Thank you wberkel , Alan , Marklo , Timmis for your interest , comments and for the gentle spurring.

The polygons go back on nicely , if you get one point into place its easy to lay it into the shallow space between the other polygons.

So Lifecolor Camo Series UA 732 Vulcanized Rubber swings in at number 4 color:

IMG-6750.jpg

Color spread:

IMG-6751.jpg

• Like 6