P-47D....Balls Out!!

rob85

pretty much finished transfers now, they were a bugger and if you can spot the one I got back to front well done you win a prize!

32902638985_839eb6bf67_k.jpgUntitled by robert mulvey, on Flickr

32749170042_acb48b409d_k.jpgUntitled by robert mulvey, on Flickr

there are touch ups needed and a good matt coat to get rid of what has become a less than desirable gloss coat from the decalfix....

nearly there chaps, also see if you can find my new project in the WIP section!? its a bit different for me

Rob

• Like 6

I've not been keeping up with your prodigious build-rate Rob. This one looks really smart. 

I feel the need to point out that the hot water decal method is not my idea, I think I pinched it off some-one else.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Beard said:

I've not been keeping up with your prodigious build-rate Rob. This one looks really smart. 

I feel the need to point out that the hot water decal method is not my idea, I think I pinched it off some-one else.

Must have something to do with evolution... that's life I suppose 

Rob

• Like 1

She is all done now... I am happy with her but would have liked the finish to be better but unfortunately mucking around with the transfers made that hard work, oh well something to remember for next time!

last shots of getting the landing gear together and weathering

32915021295_0ec594c9c8_k.jpgUntitled by robert mulvey, on Flickr

32542132460_9fc834cf2b_k.jpgUntitled by robert mulvey, on Flickr

32107615883_6ca83f17a7_k.jpgUntitled by robert mulvey, on Flickr

then the last bits got stuck on and there was further weathering done, I did this with pastels and the transfers were de saturated with them aswell, areas of the red were faded slightly and fuel staining was added with my citadel wash... enjoy (hopefully)

32882083746_1972dcdc79_k.jpgUntitled by robert mulvey, on Flickr

32922445525_bbd5bf0156_k.jpgUntitled by robert mulvey, on Flickr

32107614573_ff829c4111_k.jpgUntitled by robert mulvey, on Flickr

32882084796_a84ca9fc35_k.jpgUntitled by robert mulvey, on Flickr

and here is a little pick of my finished (well one is nearly done! ) builds for the year so far.... bit better than last year and very star heavy

32107614753_63c9324a28_k.jpgUntitled by robert mulvey, on Flickr

comments etc very much welcome and thanks for tagging along... I will need to get her pictured next to my Hase one from last year to give a comparison on shape

Cheers

Rob 

• Like 11

Love the weathering and the general look of her :clap:  :clap:  And nice collection you have there, too :thumbsup: 

Six in six weeks ... :hmmm: ... I'm at one in six months .... :hmmm:  :frantic:

Ciao

• Like 1

The forum is not alowing me to like you guys, but I do!

cheers for the comments, and I am glad you like her.

it does appear I have built (nearly) six in six weeks, which has surprised me! The hell cat had been started early last year and only really needed weathering to be fair.

Adrian, yes the no walk markings are transfers and you can tell if you look as the red pop's a bit more than the painted red. Had I paid attention I would have masked and painted them with the rest of the red, but I think I can get away with it :)

giemme your one in six months has had more work put into it than my entire 2016/17 builds so I wouldn't worry.... haven't you finished it yet btw?? I want to see you build something with propellers on! Your public is waiting.

cheers again chaps.... no one did win the prize for the upside down transfer, oh well I am sure you will get another chance.

Rob

p.s. It's let me like you now

Edited by rob85
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, rob85 said:

haven't you finished it yet btw?? I want to see you build something with propellers on! Your public is waiting.

:D  :D Almost there, almost there ... Should be finished by the weekend. Propellers are almost ready to ... fly :pilot: 

Ciao

• Like 1

23 hours ago, rob85 said:

She is all done now... I am happy with her but would have liked the finish to be better but unfortunately mucking around with the transfers made that hard work, oh well something to remember for next time!

last shots of getting the landing gear together and weathering

32915021295_0ec594c9c8_k.jpgUntitled by robert mulvey, on Flickr

32542132460_9fc834cf2b_k.jpgUntitled by robert mulvey, on Flickr

32107615883_6ca83f17a7_k.jpgUntitled by robert mulvey, on Flickr

then the last bits got stuck on and there was further weathering done, I did this with pastels and the transfers were de saturated with them aswell, areas of the red were faded slightly and fuel staining was added with my citadel wash... enjoy (hopefully)

32882083746_1972dcdc79_k.jpgUntitled by robert mulvey, on Flickr

32922445525_bbd5bf0156_k.jpgUntitled by robert mulvey, on Flickr

32107614573_ff829c4111_k.jpgUntitled by robert mulvey, on Flickr

32882084796_a84ca9fc35_k.jpgUntitled by robert mulvey, on Flickr

and here is a little pick of my finished (well one is nearly done! ) builds for the year so far.... bit better than last year and very star heavy

32107614753_63c9324a28_k.jpgUntitled by robert mulvey, on Flickr

comments etc very much welcome and thanks for tagging along... I will need to get her pictured next to my Hase one from last year to give a comparison on shape

Cheers

Rob 

YEAR SO FAR, jeez busy! Great builds! 

5 hours ago, Cookenbacher said:

Bah! How'd I miss this!?!

That's a sweet lineup Rob - it looks like the Academy Wildcat is done too!

Nearly there cookie, I should post an update really. I am not enjoying the kit and I feel it shows! Whoever said I should have built the academy kit before the airfix is right.... anything else is a let down.

Rob

• Like 1

A very enjoyable, and fast, WIP Rob :).

The Revell kit looks like it is superb value for money. The decal version you chose has powerful nose art to say the least :D!

I have never built a P-47, but would really like to have a go. Some of the paint schemes in Italy and England  towards the end of the war are really interesting and dramatic.

Six in six weeks! I started eight last year and finished.....none :(. In fact, it's just one completed in 13 years for me :unsure:.

Going to have to get my boot on an elastic band and give myself a good kuta!

Fantastic model Rob and a great set already for 2017 for the display cabinet :thumbsup: .

All the best

TonyT

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TonyTiger66 said:

A very enjoyable, and fast, WIP Rob :).

The Revell kit looks like it is superb value for money. The decal version you chose has powerful nose art to say the least :D!

I have never built a P-47, but would really like to have a go. Some of the paint schemes in Italy and England  towards the end of the war are really interesting and dramatic.

Six in six weeks! I started eight last year and finished.....none :(. In fact, it's just one completed in 13 years for me :unsure:.

Going to have to get my boot on an elastic band and give myself a good kuta!

Fantastic model Rob and a great set already for 2017 for the display cabinet :thumbsup: .

All the best

TonyT

Very kind Tony! I do have a real soft spot for radial engine beasts like this, hellcat, corsair and the P-47 are top of the list.

in your defence mate you have had a fair amount on your plate! I have less on my plate at the mo than i ever have in the last decade so my build rate has soared... no bad thing.... my birthday in 14 day I might have run out of kits by then :) oh no I will have to treat myself to more!!

Rob

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Wow, how did I miss this little treat? She's a real stunner. That metallic coat is ace. I wish I had seen this before I did mine now. Micro mesh the black coat. Dang why didn't I think of that.:blink:

brilliant and speedy work Rob.:clap2:

Johnny.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, The Spadgent said:

Wow, how did I miss this little treat? She's a real stunner. That metallic coat is ace. I wish I had seen this before I did mine now. Micro mesh the black coat. Dang why didn't I think of that.:blink:

brilliant and speedy work Rob.:clap2:

Johnny.

I micromesh everything I can Johnny... I don't even have finger prints anymore, just shiny patch where they used to be... I would be a great burglar but I just don't have the grip...

Rob

• Like 3

Great job Rob. You have turned out yet another belter! Very well done! Super collection for the year so far too! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1