Modelsvit - programme/catalog 2017

Homebee

So is Modelsvit now a 'long-run' mainstream manufacturer? I as because I am sure when I bought some of those early releases they were billed as "only 500 made" and for a short while the SU-7B was indeed out of production and hard to find (I sold a spare one on ebay for a stupidly high sum!)

Now it seems the 2017 catalogue includes all their earlier releases.

Would be good to know as Modelsvit release kits quicker than I can afford to keep buying them. But I'm a sucker for laying kits down in the stash under the assumption they are short-run and will be hard to get hold of in a years time...

Will

btw- loving the choice of a TU-14!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ho590hm said:

Disappointing that the An-70 seems to have disappeared.  Growing proliferation of Migs - I wonder if the E155 series (prototype of Mig-25) is forthcoming.

After "big MiGs" and early MiG-21F i expecting line of a MiG-21 prototypes:   Ye-4, Ye-5 and my favourites: swept wing Ye-2A (aka first MiG-23 Faceplate") and Ye-50 with rocket motor in inside big tail fin

Je-50-1_03.jpg

9 hours ago, Killingholme said:

So is Modelsvit now a 'long-run' mainstream manufacturer? I as because I am sure when I bought some of those early releases they were billed as "only 500 made" and for a short while the SU-7B was indeed out of production and hard to find

I'm wondering exactly the same.

-Jay

11 hours ago, 172flogger said:

After "big MiGs" and early MiG-21F i expecting line of a MiG-21 prototypes:   Ye-4, Ye-5 and my favourites: swept wing Ye-2A (aka first MiG-23 Faceplate") and Ye-50 with rocket motor in inside big tail fin

Je-50-1_03.jpg

I guess that one wasn't too successful then....!

20 hours ago, Killingholme said:

So is Modelsvit now a 'long-run' mainstream manufacturer? I as because I am sure when I bought some of those early releases they were billed as "only 500 made" and for a short while the SU-7B was indeed out of production and hard to find (I sold a spare one on ebay for a stupidly high sum!)

Would be good to know as Modelsvit release kits quicker than I can afford to keep buying them. But I'm a sucker for laying kits down in the stash under the assumption they are short-run and will be hard to get hold of in a years time...

Will

btw- loving the choice of a TU-14!

They are short run kits and are released in limited numbers, I guess the more feedback they get on kits being sold the more they will produce, but they are 'limited edition' in the sense that there isn't a constant run of kits.

I struggle to buy them all, but I just buy the ones I want to build first... in fact I'm still missing a couple. But stuff like the IL-86, I just had to buy one as I didn't want another 'An-22 saga' and end up chasing to buy one for 5-6 years...

Also, regarding the An-70, from the horses mouth - "Dear Radleigh, please be advised that the An-70 project has been postponed in order to be released later on iaw the new quality standards of our brand"

That's from Modelsvit.

19 hours ago, Radleigh said:

They are short run kits and are released in limited numbers, I guess the more feedback they get on kits being sold the more they will produce, but they are 'limited edition' in the sense that there isn't a constant run of kits.

I struggle to buy them all, but I just buy the ones I want to build first... in fact I'm still missing a couple. But stuff like the IL-86, I just had to buy one as I didn't want another 'An-22 saga' and end up chasing to buy one for 5-6 years...

Also, regarding the An-70, from the horses mouth - "Dear Radleigh, please be advised that the An-70 project has been postponed in order to be released later on iaw the new quality standards of our brand"

That's from Modelsvit.

Cheers! that makes sense, presumably they have limited injection moulding machinery so they couldn't mould all those kits all the time.

You've got to admire their work ethic and commitment to making new toolings- and committing to making the next one better than the last too! I bet they have a really focussed design office.

Will

Edited by Killingholme