1/48 F-14 Red Grim Reaper VF-101

jzsn

Finished this mighty struggle with the cheaply made but easy to build Academy F-14. But overall fast build only took me 3 weeks. The panel line were extremely shallow which forced me to use the good old pencil in method. The best part was the variable wings.

3_zpsr8pgf7iy.jpg

1_zpsjnqoqanl.jpg

2_zpstfcuxbsg.jpg

6_zpsbvwgnxbw.jpg

4_zpswcc0omje.jpg

5_zpsks1q2rls.jpg

7_zpsfjl3rnq1.jpg

• Like 26

34 minutes ago, Simon382 said:

Very nice indeed! Treat yourself to the new Tamiya Cat, it just falls together

Yes exactly! I'm building an IRIAF out of the Tamiya kit this year.

• Like 1

It is tidy mate well done, and the paintjob looks good with restrained weathering, but its the wrong version for that paintjob if I remember correctly. The 'tomato' was a B model cat, not an A. 

I'm sure people would probably say the same if say they saw the markings of a famous spitfire ace or fokkerschimtt pilot applied on the wrong variant... You can hear it now - 'Mate, he only had 364 victory markings on the tail when he flew the schnitzel factory 1943.5 variation...'

Hello,jzsn - Welcome to the Forum. What a magnificent build of your 'Tomcat'.Beautifully built and finished and your chosen scheme looks superb.

Great work on a great subject.I love it.

😉👍 All the best,Paul.

Very attractive scheme. A nice break from the usual Jolly Rogers markings!

One thing I would like to point out, it looks to me that your vertical stabilizers are completely vertical whereas they should be canted outwards at about 4-5 degrees.

If my perception is merely an artifact of the camera angles, feel free to ignore me!

f-14-tomcat.jpg