1/48 - Sukhoi Su-22UM-3K "Fitter-G" by Kovozávody Prostějov - release in 2019

Homebee

Kovozávody Prostějov is to re-re-release in 2017, in its Premium Line, the classic OEZ/Smer 1/48th Su-7BKL and Su-17/-22M4 "Fitter" kits.

Of particular interest is a two-seater variant Su-22UM-3K "Fitter-G", based on the OEZ Su-17, but with a new tool fuselage, resin part, PE and masks.

Source:

http://www.modelarovo.cz/novinky-kpaz-pro-rok-2017/

newsKP2017-3-768x1086.jpg

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Homebee said:

S

OK. But considering the recent or soon release of the Kitty Hawk (link) and Hobby Boss (link) Su-17/-22UM3-K kits do we really need this one? My answer is no.

V.P.

will be hard to sell these at a reasonable price for KP.....

5 hours ago, Homebee said:

OK. But considering the recent or soon release of the Kitty Hawk (link) and Hobby Boss (link) Su-17/-22UM3-K kits do we really need this one? My answer is no.

V.P.

Given HB's track record I'll reserve judgment until the sprues have been given a good going over. KH are starting to go the same way IMHO I've an F-35 and a Banjo that both need a stupid amount of work to correct. If KP get it right, and I think they will I know where my money will be going....  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SleeperService said:

If KP get it right, and I think they will I know where my money will be going....  

KP (OEZ), Ciro (conversion) and HB failed in the windscreen & canopy areas. KH didn't but it has issues like the intake centerbody and the curved bottom fuselage. AFAIK the best looking late Su-17/22 in any scale is the Modelsvit Su-17M3.

34 minutes ago, Laurent said:

KP (OEZ), Ciro (conversion) and HB failed in the windscreen & canopy areas. KH didn't but it has issues like the intake centerbody and the curved bottom fuselage. AFAIK the best looking late Su-17/22 in any scale is the Modelsvit Su-17M3.

I agree with you Laurent but am hopeful that the two seat fuselage will be better. I'm no rivet counter but they just don't look right which is a shame. I have Ciro and KP which I'd like to make use of one day..... 

Unfortunately the new fuselage won't fix the overly thick wings and butt joints for the fin etc, etc. I don't see how you can compare the three kits and still think the OEZ comes out on top.

I've built the KP boxing and I've built the KH kit which I really enjoyed, yes I had to buy a resin shock cone and use a coupe of pylon adaptors from the KP kit but it is night and day. I also have the HB two seat version which I've yet to build.

13 hours ago, Laurent said:

Yeah... but is has another, even bigger problem:

SCALE!

It looks way too small against the rest of 1/48 jets sitting in my display cabinet!!

;)

Edited by exdraken
  • Like 1