Low, fast, and loaded.

Thanks for the kind words and support gang; it does spur me on to keep at this one.

On 16/02/2017 at 3:13 PM, bianfuxia said:

Great vids earlier. I am about 1/3 through the 1/72 Buccaneer. It sits forlornly on the Shelf of Doom...mainly because I can't decide how to paint the bottom white (Spraycan, brush, etc).

Looking forward to seeing this one done!

I'd say go spray cans to get a nice even coat of white and let's see another Bucc getting finished ;) 

After a few days away on holiday I got back at this one for a wee while last night. Behold the kit instrument panel adorned with some Eduard etch :) 

1487318177.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Cracking project Col.  B)

As a small child I saw one of these get launched from Ark Royal.....God it was loud, I can still hear it now!  :o

Thank you Sgt. To see one getting cat launched must have been a fantastic experience! Although I think what you can hear might be called tinnitus ;) 

Best I can offer in relation to that was watching them dropping practice bombs on a target buoy up beside the Tain range. Dad got word from a former colleague and took me up to sit on the shore and watch. For a while F-111s took a crack at it and we watched the splashes burst all around at varying proximities to the target including some really close ones. Then a green and grey over LAG RAF Bucc enters stage right rather low and whacks one of his two bombs clean off the buoy with a clang that was clearly audable over the jet noise. Dad laughed and said, "On well, that's b#&&£~ed it, let's go get some ice-cream". That was a good day :) 

• Like 2

Now that I would love to have seen!  B)

I sat with some Vark crews on my one and only flight to the US, they were some cocky blighters.....I think they had just 'accidentally' bombed a Chinese or possibly French Embassy at the time (again). :rolleyes: