Boeing 707-320B Ecuatoriana Heller 1/72

My first build finished in 2017 is the huge Boeing 707 kit from Heller in 1/72 scale.

Its actually the AWACS kit issued by the manufacturer some many years ago.I bought this kit on a Swiss auction platform before Heller anounced the re-relase of their Boeing 707-320B kit in Air France and BOAC colors.

Apart from some antennas and the huge radar as well as missing cabin windows,the AWACS kit is actually identical to the passenger version.

Being so,it saved a lot of work filling and sanding all windows.

Heller's 707  is very well moulded and accurate and an easy build.Parts fit quite well,the only major problem area is the wing to fuselage join.There I had to insert some sprues to slightly widen and strenghten the fuselage to avoid a huge gap between the wings and fuselage.

Otherwise there where no other issues.

The colorful Equatoriana decals are from 26 and worked very well.

Paints used for this build are Tamyia Pure White from spray can,coroguard panels are my own mix of Revell grey 374,silver 90 and black 7.Metallic areas were done with humbrol aluminium,steel and silver.Dusted with Mr.Color copper.

Equatoriana was the national airline of Equador established in 1957 and permanently ceased operations in 2006.

Their fleet included Boeing 707-320s (in the depicetd color scheme) and cargo versions that were golden instead of white,a DC-10-30 and Boeing 727s as well as an Airbus A-310-300 among various other aircrafts during Equatoriana's life.

On with the photos,enjoy

20170205_111556_zpsqoshkqth.jpg

20170205_111610_zpsofjcyrg9.jpg

20170205_111648_zpstiedbh6f.jpg

20170205_111701_zpspnstympc.jpg

20170205_111732_zps7aysyut8.jpg

20170205_111758_zpsdfwfzp9h.jpg

20170205_111814_zpspucuw6tk.jpg

20170205_111838_zpseq6ivr3y.jpg

20170205_111856_zpsvoympxwf.jpg

• Like 44

Excellent excellent model !  I have never seen a passenger airplane kit in person and curious are those windows and the rainbow streaks decals ? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Basuroy said:

Excellent excellent model !  I have never seen a passenger airplane kit in person and curious are those windows and the rainbow streaks decals ? 

Thank you very much.

Yes,the windows and the rainbow streaks are decals.

They come in segments,so the application is easy.

• Like 1

Excellent, excellent, excellent !

I've had a Heller 707 kit for absolute ages with every intention of finishing it off in the Ecuatoriana colours. Now you've got me thinking.......but in a good way.

(Incidentally, I like the way you've actually hidden your cat inside the model this time !)

:thumbsup2::thumbsup2::thumbsup2:

mike

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mitchem said:

Excellent, excellent, excellent !

I've had a Heller 707 kit for absolute ages with every intention of finishing it off in the Ecuatoriana colours. Now you've got me thinking.......but in a good way.

(Incidentally, I like the way you've actually hidden your cat inside the model this time !)

:thumbsup2::thumbsup2::thumbsup2:

mike

Thank you Mike.

The cat wouldn't fit on the table with the big Boeing.But she is on the 2nd pic visible walking under the table.;)

45 minutes ago, BerndM said:

Awesome build with a neat and clean paint/decal work. Were the window decals part of the 26 decal sheet ?

Thank you.

Yes,the windows come with the 26 decal set.They are printed on the stripes and the front ones are a separate decal.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Alex1978 said:

Thank you.

Yes,the windows come with the 26 decal set.They are printed on the stripes and the front ones are a separate decal.

Good to know, Hellers 707 is high on my want list and window decals are a worthy option.

Guess the airliner kit has clear parts for the cabin windows but the decals look great.

Superb build !

• Like 1

Absolutely fantastic Alex, a really impressive beauty, and great to see an example of this kit built.

I can aimagine when Equitorian were discussing the livery 'Lets just use evrey colour we can find!;

Cheers

John

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, BerndM said:

Good to know, Hellers 707 is high on my want list and window decals are a worthy option.

Guess the airliner kit has clear parts for the cabin windows but the decals look great.

Superb build !

I would also suggest to use window decals on the re-released airliner kit from Heller.The windows on the fuselage are squares and wrong in shape in that way.The decal sheet provides a windowframe for the cockpit window,in case one wants to have clear cockpit windows.I opted for decals to maintain continuity on the model.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aircraftkit said:

A very nice build of an impressively big model.

And very colourful !    Congratulations.

What are you planning for your next airliner project ?

Don

Thank you very much.My next  and current projects are the Airfix Fairey Rotodyne,Eastern Express IL-96M Aeroflot and the Tupolev TU-334 prototype and a Revell Concorde

• Like 1

Hi Alex,

The first of many for 2017 no doubt! Beautifully finished as always, crisp and sharp.

Is there a flight deck in there or are they decal windscreens?

Pity those windows are printed on the stripes otherwise you could've used these!

http://www.authentic-airliner-decals.de/epages/17895661.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/17895661/Products/D72-01

I'm seriously thinking about getting the new Heller re-released 707 but I wouldn't know where to keep it,  with the rate you're churning things out you must be running out of space too Alex!

Looking forward to your next build!

Cheers,

Ian

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Turbofan said:

Hi Alex,

The first of many for 2017 no doubt! Beautifully finished as always, crisp and sharp.

Is there a flight deck in there or are they decal windscreens?

Pity those windows are printed on the stripes otherwise you could've used these!

http://www.authentic-airliner-decals.de/epages/17895661.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/17895661/Products/D72-01

I'm seriously thinking about getting the new Heller re-released 707 but I wouldn't know where to keep it,  with the rate you're churning things out you must be running out of space too Alex!

Looking forward to your next build!

Cheers,

Ian

Thank you Ian.

Yes it has a flight deck but its very basic.So its ok if you use window decals as you would not see much anyway.The Heller kit is great.I was thinking getting another one,but after finishing this one I doubt I have enough space for another.Space is an issue also in my place...but my hobbyroom is still big enough but I also have many other kits waiting to be built

Edited by Alex1978

Lovely build and what a striking livery,not seen that one on here before, really nice.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Cheers Michael.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Alex1978 said:

I would also suggest to use window decals on the re-released airliner kit from Heller.The windows on the fuselage are squares and wrong in shape in that way.The decal sheet provides a windowframe for the cockpit window,in case one wants to have clear cockpit windows.I opted for decals to maintain continuity on the model.

Thanks for that input !

Hello Alex,

To be honest, I looked at it four times.

Conclusion: Master Modeler on this most exclusive airliner I have seen so far.

The noise, the noise this little darling gave on take-off was devastating.

Regards, Orion/The Netherlands

• Like 1