Spin 1/48 Sage 2

Here's the Spin Sage 2; I have a 'work in progress' article on this unique aircraft in the 'wip' area.   Rigging done with fishing line and ceramic wire.  Am thinking for the moment I 'might' have the only one of these built in Omaha.  :smile:  

Here's a history of the Sage 2. http://www.aviastar.org/air/england/sage-2.php

fullsizeoutput_7f6.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_803.jpegfullsizeoutput_801.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_7fd.jpeg

Edited by cduckworth
  • Like 19

1 minute ago, Pete in Lincs said:

A great result!

What's next?

The Special Hobby Nieuport 10 is up next; I'd need to get it finished before I have another accident with it.  I had in sitting in the box when I decided to set a paint box on it.  Broke a couple of the cabane struts but acc came to my rescue...not one of my finer modeling moments.   

• Like 1

The Spin models aren't bad if you don't mind cleaning up the resin parts and dealing with some air bubbles.   I have two more in the full kits stash and just received the B.E.9 (pulpit) conversion kit this week. 

A perfect rendition of the original and thus.....Utterly gopping!  :analintruder:

Smashing build (really enjoyed the thread) and wonderful model of a truly unique and surprisingly charismatic (yet eye-wateringly ugly) aircraft.  :thumbsup:

One never stops learning! Never heard of this aerodynamically challenged aeroplane before now...

But you built it beautifully!

i guess Airfix is not anywhere close to produce a 1/72 kit of this wonder! But one never knows!

Between you and I, I am 100% certain that you are the only living organism with a model of that plane in Omaha and most definitely within a 2000 miles radius of your model cabinet!!!

Congratulation!!!

JR

I was cleaning up the work bench and empting the trash can and found the box the Sage 2 was in.  Normally I'd like my models to look as good as the artist impression (like Brian Knight's Revell art) but in this case I'm glad the model didn't match the artist's impression.  :nah:

fullsizeoutput_833.jpeg

On February 14, 2017 at 4:27 PM, Newbie(kinda) said:

That is just SO weird. And oddly compelling. Superb. But, as you say, doesn't look a bit like the one on the box, tsk tsk!

Well, as least I came close to matching the color of the plane on the box.  ^_^