As a result of the close-down of the UK by the British Government last night, we have made all the Buy/Sell areas read-only until we open back up again, so please have a look at the announcement linked here.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Hello and here is my 1/72 Hasegawa F16N, completed for the STGB. 

WIP here:  

Pretty much as it comes, but had some revell upgradings - bang seat, main wheels and winders. 

Then from my casting project - Hasegawa GE tube and AB face from a B/D tomcat, and a GE nozzle from the fujimi B/D tomcat. 

Bad bits- I should have scratched a tacts pod out of one of the winders but couldn't be bothered. One of the main wheels set slightly wonky.

Also canopy tint is a bit rubbish. 

Three weeks to complete, could have been less if I didn't have concurrent activity disease. Also lost a few days removing the wing walk decals to make it more accurate (thanks @Pappy ) and then subsequently repairing/touching up the paint, but it turned out better in the end for it. 

Primed in stynylrez, then mr hobby camo 324/317/337. Nose cone 306 grey. Intake cockpit and some bits in 308 grey. 316 white u/c and bays. 

Revell Aqua anthracite for scale black bits. Revell 90 silver on probes, oleos and nav lights. 

Nav lights then done in clear colors. 

Exhaust in alclad magnesium & pale burnt metal. 

Sealed with ak gauzy between decals and weathering etc.

Weathering was some post shading and fading with mr paint basics black and white to make some dirty greys. 

Ak panel liner for blue and grey camo overall. Grey filter used as a wash for the white bits. Track wash on the exhaust bits and for some general grime streaks. 

Final coat was ak ultra matt. 

Enjoy! 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Top notch job, that looks awesome! This is my favourite F-16 scheme, very nicely done. :thumbsup2:

Beautiful job! Especially liked the work on the jet nozzle. Looks like a very realistic aircraft!

Ed

Nice work on the camo scheme. I checked out your WIP to see how you did it, freehand! very authentic looking finish. Also like the decals you made for the nozzle. Clever stuff.

8 minutes ago, Smudge said:

Also like the decals you made for the nozzle

Thanks smudge!

Got some for the insides in the pipeline. Busy drawing/sizing them up at the minute during my breaks at work. 

Only kind of nozzles to feature this detail would be AM resin ones. 

On the above nozzle (which is a resin cast of a plastic part) there are at least the lengthways ribs for the sections. Most plastic nozzles are smooth inside. What is missing are the tiny indentations running across the width of the strips. I simulated these with tiny dark grey hand painted dashes, just visible in pics. 

So what I am trying to make decal wise are sections of dashes to put inside the nozzle. Will be alot more consistent then than what I have achieved above. And give a suggestion of the detail, like the way a wash would bring them out on an AM resin nozzle. 

Hope that makes sense!

Tony

Stunning, a lovely scheme. Very jealous of your ability to churn out so many high quality builds so quickly! Keep it up.

Rgds,

Eng

That looks great, whatever the hurdles experienced in the building and finishing.  Excellent work on the nozzle, in particular

Well done!!!

That is fantastic work, looks spot on

That really does look very impressive. Beautifully detailed modelling. :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

37 minutes ago, bearmatt said:

Best Hasegawa F-16 I've seen for quite a while! Congrats

B.

Wow thats quite a compliment. 

Cheers B.