Handley Page 0/400 1:32 scale

Sandbagger

Oh goodie more things to blow cash on! I have been rumbling about a Berg and an HP 'o' series too so I'm a very happy bunny this year. Never built a resin kit the size of an o/400 so should be an experience. :D

• Like 1

Ha John indeed I am rather keen to see these ones come out. If Wingnuts will only announce a Zeppelin Staaken and an Avro 504k or Martinsyde Elephant it will be a great modelling year coming on the back of the Camels and the announcement of another Fokker D.VII and the Etrich Taube although I may have to rob a bank or sell body parts in order to raise the neccessary moolah.

• Like 3

On 2/10/2017 at 11:39 AM, schulz_hl said:

I´ll skip this one and keep waiting for the 1/32 scale Zeppelin.

I thought about building a Great War Diorama with a Zeppelin raid, once.  The Zeppelin would be about 18 feet long at 1/32.

Let's face it, even if you don't build it you would get a thrill just looking in the box every so often at all those shuge bits of plastic and oohing and ahhhing at the majestic promise of it. The same will go for a 1/32 o/400.

• Like 1

On 2/4/2017 at 1:56 PM, Admiral Puff said:

Does it come with council approval for the extension that will be needed to house it, or is that exempt and complying development?

Since we are building an extension to the house, how about a 1/32 Ilya Muromets!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12 февраля 2017 г. at 8:13 PM, RichO said:

Since we are building an extension to the house, how about a 1/32 Ilya Muromets!

DeAgostini just launched 1:32 Ilya Muromets multimedia partwork kit in Russia. Definitely not WNW, but good starting point!

http://plane.deagostini.ru/model

Edited by oldrover
  • Like 1

The kit does look rather splendid but, since dealing with DeAgostini (Zippo collection), I discovered that they have a pretty poor reputation for customer service with items taking months to arrive or publications being cancelled if they don't sell enough only to be re-launched at a later date plus they tend to be a fairly large financial commitment. I was paying for two issues per month at £20 per issue and, rather surprisingly in my case the Zippo lighters they had commissioned for the collection were awful. I was very surprised that a company with a reputation to protect like zippo would allow such poor representatives of their product onto the market.