1/72 Condor MiG-25

My first gloss varnish. Was great going on seemed quite thick and set sticky quickly but think it looks ok. I've always been Matt but hoping to do ank ink wash and want decals to be perfect...

IMG_4034_zpsfnhdez2r.jpg

• Like 2

Just wanted to see some light so thought I'd fire on the Soviet stars. Decals were very very thin and 2 out of four broke apart, what a job fixing, should have done the two undersides first...but it's taking shape..

IMG_4037_zpspjubfesh.jpg

• Like 6

You really are doing nothing to help my resolve about avoiding aĀ stash increase with these photos and suggestions :lol:Ā GoodĀ work there sir. The decals add a niceĀ burst of colour to this one. I hope the stencils behave for you.

• Like 1

A tiny progress report on my massive project. Like having the stars on however they were difficult to do and first two were brittle. The lines haven't pored through despite drenching in decal solution and cotton budding furiously. I don't like the gloss finish as my fingers stick to the model and leaves finger prints and I don't think it assisted the decals at all. I'm happy now with the grey as before I felt it too dark and got nose cone on. I'd get another though now I know roughly what to expect and looking forward to the revell MiG 31.

IMG_4323_zpsp2iqjyio.jpg

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Col. said:

You really are doing nothing to help my resolve about avoiding aĀ stash increase with these photos and suggestions :lol:Ā GoodĀ work there sir. The decals add a niceĀ burst of colour to this one. I hope the stencils behave for you.

Thanks Col...im starting to get nervous now as it takes shape. Re the stencils... there is no data for them, only where to put the stars and numbers! Could be tricky..

Just now, Valkyrie said:

Thanks Col...im starting to get nervous now as it takes shape. Re the stencils... there is no data for them, only where to put the stars and numbers! Could be tricky..

But I'd say get a couple...

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Valkyrie said:

But I'd say get a couple...

Might be worth trying to get a copy of the ICM kit instructions or Bergemot aftermarket decalsĀ placement guide to give you an idea of where the major stencils go.

Edited by Col.
  • Like 1

I have just caught this one and I can see that a lot of good work has gone on into getting this model into the shape that it is. Well done.

Ā 

I have built this kit the ICM one and the two seater, and I do have a question to ask. I can not see from your pictures if you are having the U/C lowered or up? The reason I ask is because on two of my previous builds the U/C splayed badly as it is very this and one eventually broke due to the model going to several shows. On my last build I go a metal U/C which may not quite be accurate but at least it is still in one piece.

Ā 

Keep up the good work.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Col. said:

Might be worth trying to get a copy of the ICM kit instructions or Bergemot aftermarket decalsĀ placement guide to give you an idea of where the major stencils go.

Do I find them online or buy from a site Col? I wish I'd got aftermarket decals for thisĀ 

16 hours ago, Jabba said:

I have just caught this one and I can see that a lot of good work has gone on into getting this model into the shape that it is. Well done.

Ā 

I have built this kit the ICM one and the two seater, and I do have a question to ask. I can not see from your pictures if you are having the U/C lowered or up? The reason I ask is because on two of my previous builds the U/C splayed badly as it is very this and one eventually broke due to the model going to several shows. On my last build I go a metal U/C which may not quite be accurate but at least it is still in one piece.

Ā 

Keep up the good work.

Thanks for that. I was going to have it down but now you point this out it is a heavy bird. I will look at metal ucĀ 

9 hours ago, Valkyrie said:

Do I find them online or buy from a site Col? I wish I'd got aftermarket decals for thisĀ 

Not sure buddy but if I can find them, which I'll need to if adding one of these to the stash, will share with you.

Nice work indeed. With the decals on it's getting more and more of that aggressive Foxbat look.

Ā 

On 29/03/2017 at 1:40 PM, Valkyrie said:

Ā 

Regarding stencils, maybe this is of help? Click on the pics for larger.

http://www.super-hobby.co.uk/products/MiG-25-RBT-Soviet-Reconnaissance-Plane-100-new-molds.html

Ā 

I know it's 1/48 and a different version, but maybe it helps.

Ā 

Jay

5 hours ago, Mountain goat said:

Nice work indeed. With the decals on it's getting more and more of that aggressive Foxbat look.

Ā 

Ā 

Regarding stencils, maybe this is of help? Click on the pics for larger.

http://www.super-hobby.co.uk/products/MiG-25-RBT-Soviet-Reconnaissance-Plane-100-new-molds.html

Ā 

I know it's 1/48 and a different version, but maybe it helps.

Ā 

Jay

Perfect Jay thanks! This will defo do the job, awesome, thanks!!

I wasn't going to do stencils but been coaxed on by the guys on here, wasn't going to finish the model, but got coaxed on, destroyed my model with glue, gonnaĀ bin it, encouraged on. No problem too small thanks Britmodeller ground crew! This may be my best model yetĀ 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

IMG_4400_zpszu7ql1sq.jpgFinally decided to get accurate soviet cockpit colour and wow I'm glad I did. Was tricky getting it in but it brushed on beautifully, think i have found my favourite paint. I now of course will have to buy a lot more soviet and Czech stuff to make this worthwhile.Ā 

• Like 4

On 11/04/2017 at 6:44 PM, Valkyrie said:

Finally decided to get accurate soviet cockpit colour and wow I'm glad I did...Ā I now of course will have to buy a lot more soviet and Czech stuff to make this worthwhile.Ā 

Yes of course you do. It would be a waste to buy a bottle of paint and only use it once so it makes good economic sense ;)Ā 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Col. said:

Yes of course you do. It would be a waste to buy a bottle of paint and only use it once so it makes good economic sense ;)Ā 

Col. I will need to quote this to my fiancĆ©Ā 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Col. said:

Feel free to blame it on me ;)Ā 

Oh I have...and I will also show her this..

Ā 

Col made me order the full range of Sukhoi and MiG...it makes good economic sense.Ā 

I think the late Flankers though are a blue turquoise rather than emerald green...more paint means more models..thanks Col

• Like 1

Ok my first ink wash, deesaster darling..do I wait for it to dry then clean off? Just spent an hour scrubbing this off and while I like seeing the panel lines and it does give it that dirty oily Russian used look I think it could look better.

any tips welcome... I should have pre shaded I think

IMG_4403_zpsz6pogkiz.jpg

• Like 2

On 4/11/2017 at 6:44 PM, Valkyrie said:

I now of course will have to buy a lot more soviet and Czech stuff to make this worthwhile.

Oh the hardship! You can never have too much WARPAC stuff in the stash.

I have never used ink for washes (though plenty do and get good results) so can't help with that one I'm afraid. When I do mine (eventually!) I will use a very watered down acrylic like one of Revell's (great paints) and use a dark grey rather than a black.

Looking at the underside can be unnerving at times as we all concentrate on the upper surfaces.

Keep going mate as you are definitely getting there and I like how she looks so far.

• Like 2