KV-1s Ekranami, Trumpeter 1/35

Hi folks, long time no see, I mean, post...

First of all, pardon me for the fictitious marking on the turret, It's totally incorrect, both historically and politically.

KV-1s%20-%20fin%203_resize%20censored_zp

KV-1s%20-%20fin%204_resize%20censored_zp

KV-1s%20-%20fin%201_resize%20censored_zp

KV-1s%20-%20fin%202_resize%20censored_zp

KV-1s%20-%20fin%205_resize%20censored_zp

KV-1s%20-%20fin%206_resize%20censored_zp

The base also doubles as storage.

Critics and suggestions are welcome,

Cheers!

Edited by solowing666
  • Like 12

Some WiP photos here:

KV-1s%20-%20WiP%202_resize_zpsnbjd2rpr.j

Trying the black-and-white technique. Thinking back I should've known it needed more contrast.

[deleted]

The markings were created by pieces of masking tape. Again, I apologise to those who might be offended.

[deleted]

The base color is just Gunze 135 Russian Green (1) according to the kit's instruction, is it too bright?

KV-1s%20-%20WiP%207_resize%20censored_zp

The mud pigments are soft pastels, with added Tamiya enamel XF-10 Flat Brown for added adhesiveness. The center of tracks and the teeth are rubbed off the pigments.

KV-1s%20-%20WiP%209_resize_zpsjw6h3ckz.j

The base was whatever I could find at home: a bottomside of a kit's box, Play-Doh, colored with pigments.

Edited by solowing666
  • Like 11

9 hours ago, Pin said:

LoL :)

I guess you know that these markings are GROSSLY obscene :)

"Ekranami" (should be "S ekranami") is not a name but simply means "with shields" 

Thanks for the reminder,

I know the meaning, but I didn't know to what extent the obscenity is...

From what I know the gamers (from that region) are casually saying/typing it on international servers.

For that I want to ask, how/what is the reaction of native speakers/citizens in case one were to say that upfront in person?

Also I was lacking in references/grammar knowledge on how to write the 's ekranami' so that title was the best I could come up with.

ZM

5 hours ago, solowing666 said:

For that I want to ask, how/what is the reaction of native speakers/citizens in case one were to say that upfront in person?

You will get a straight punch in a face so don't risk it. It is really very offensive

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Pin said:

You will get a straight punch in a face so don't risk it. It is really very offensive

YIKES!

I'll be sure I won't! I bet there will be additional left hook and uppercut if I can still stand from the first straight

8 hours ago, Builder said:

who cares about the markings

If you painted it in English, according to the forum T&Cs, the mods might care.  :mellow:

I too see puerile teenagers, of all nationalities, typing all sorts of stupid things when I'm playing FPS games, but it doesn't mean I feel the need to repeat them here.....In Cyrillic or otherwise.  :rolleyes:

• Like 2

I do agree that to some point Britmodeler isn't a place to publish things that happen in online gaming, but everyone has the right to present their model, even if fictional. Unless, of course it would be offensive. I don't think this is really offensive as it is more of a joke.

Sgt. Squarehead, unfortunately the russian community is destroying every online game they play. It came so far, that in CS:GO, a third-party software was made to allow players to avoid russian players. So you have to let us blow some steam in harmless way :) Though BM might not be the best place to discuss online gaming :)

Best regards, Jaka

• Like 1

I'm 100% confident that if I painted a Cromwell with the same humongous 'slogans' on them in English other members would be offended and it would get pulled.....It's not exactly subtle, it's not funny and IMHO it utterly spoils a decent (but somewhat lime) KV model.  :mellow:

You questioned the colour.  4BO green is a subject that could fill (and has filled!) many threads on many forums.  It does seem to be generally accepted that it was a brighter, more vibrant shade when new and aged to a darker shade over time.  The opposite of the more usual fading which many people currently seem to want to apply to everything in sight.  So a brighter colour for a reasonably factory-fresh vehicle seems OK.

Regarding the text, perhaps you should just have said you made a spelling error and realised too late.  It has stirred up a debate.  I don't know what it says, and I don't care to know.  But there is no need for deliberate gratuitous offensiveness, even if disguised in a foreign language.  Someone WILL be offended.  You chose to make an offensive comment, post it here and then draw attention to it.  Don't be surprised if not everyone finds it funny.

14 hours ago, Das Abteilung said:

Someone WILL be offended.  You chose to make an offensive comment, post it here and then draw attention to it.  Don't be surprised if not everyone finds it funny.

Yes - we have an increasing number of Russian members here, so I think you need to at least pixelate the slogan for their benefit.  I've not Googled the phrase yet, but I can tell from the reports from Russian speakers that it's really offensive, so please do that.  We'll be forced to take it down if you don't sort it out shortly.  otherwise it's a good model, but :fraidnot: on your choice of markings.

• Like 1