Airfix Ju-88

Martian

I'm a squash-and-fold-er. Stack your two slices, squash 'em flat, fold in two. Do that ten times and you have a thousand layers, thirty times and you have a billion. Gotta love powers of two...

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 3

7 hours ago, longshanks said:

Might I suggest talking to your Miliput................

with the amount of hot air on this blog I would expect instant hardening of said substance :winkgrin:

Kev

Trouble is all the hot air would probably melt the plastic! As tor talking to Miliput, does swearing profusely at it count? If so then its not working.

7 hours ago, CedB said:

I hesitate to make suggestions to Martian the Master but have you tried the 'sausage mixing method' with Milliput? AlexN put me on to this trick - rolling the separate parts into thin sausages and then twisting them together to mix. I've started breaking off small, equal lengths from these and mixing in batches - if I've cut too much off the big rolls (as if!) then the remaining sausages can be put back in the plastic wrap - as long as you're SURE you kept them apart.

According to the Milliput website it should dry rock hard within 3 - 4 hours and that's been my experience, even after I've used water to smooth it over.

HTH

Huzzah! a sensible idea at last! Although I need my Miliput for a good ten minutes before using, I will give this idea a try as I have not heard of it before, nothing to lose is there?

Maybe the hot air being generated by this thread has begun to have an effect as when I went to check on the model this morning, the stuff had finally set! I have accordingly begun to sand the nose to shape before another round of polishing that I have been so looking forward to.

Martian

• Like 4

3 hours ago, TheBaron said:

Polish on John Donne. We expect glittering transparencies in due course! :thumbsup2:

Good grief, Caroline of Brunswick is at it again! I'm doing it, I'm doing it!

Martian the Hassled

• Like 2

On 29/03/2017 at 10:59 AM, Martian Hale said:

Why am I not surprised that Ced was the first to like that post?

I think my interrogation methods would be too graphic for TV! When I was a Customs Officer, my superior and I operated a "Good cop, bad cop" routine. Guess which one I got to be!

Martian the Inquisitor

Customs officers in Britmodeller could only be good cops!

• Like 1

On 04/04/2017 at 7:22 PM, Bigdave22014 said:

Martian, don't forget you can always discombobulate them with your Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator.

Assuming it doesn't have a bad motorvator!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheBaron said:

No rush dear xenomorph. Merely expressing my magpie-like enthusiasm for a shiny bauble! :D

Caroline of Uxbridge

Well there certainly won't be any rush today as I am having to have a colonoscopy later :yikes:. Consequently any concentration has disappeared!

3 hours ago, Whofan said:

Customs officers in Britmodeller could only be good cops!

Sadly I was much better at being bad cop. My boss used to get me to wind the individual in question to the point of panic and then step in like a fairy godmother offering more palatable solutions. Any refusal to listen to her reason and the individual always had the option of being handed back to my tender care. Maybe the impending colonoscopy is payback time at last, better not let the doctor know what I did in a previous life!

Martian of the impending sore bottom

• Like 4

Hope that the colonoscopy went well Martian. At least here, they have improved the drugs so you are alert more quickly and don't have conversations with your wife on the way home that you don't remember!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

Well there certainly won't be any rush today as I am having to have a colonoscopy later :yikes:. Consequently any concentration has disappeared!

Sadly I was much better at being bad cop. My boss used to get me to wind the individual in question to the point of panic and then step in like a fairy godmother offering more palatable solutions. Any refusal to listen to her reason and the individual always had the option of being handed back to my tender care. Maybe the impending colonoscopy is payback time at last, better not let the doctor know what I did in a previous life!

Martian of the impending sore bottom

I'm sure we could swap many stories of interviews, but I particularly remember a colleague who I used to do interviews with, who would effectively bore the individual almost to death by producing reams of documents and getting him to  acknowledge each one, and so on an on, and then go for the jugular in about 3 questions. It worked just about every time! I remember once sitting there trying hard not to snigger .....

Good luck with the colonoscopy. My wife (worked in the NHS for 25 years) tells me the doctors will soon get to the bottom of it ...........   :whistle:

Thanks Guys. Just back from the hospital, sore bottom but given the all clear.

Martian von Singing the High Notes

• Like 4

Glad it went well  - I shared your apprehension before my first one but the drugs are great and it is painless... unless the staff were getting you back for some Martian probing! :D 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, CedB said:

Glad it went well  - I shared your apprehension before my first one but the drugs are great and it is painless... unless the staff were getting you back for some Martian probing! :D 

I was very careful not to mention my former career!

Martian the Wise

• Like 1

Yay! Always amazes me how easily I am thrown by these events and how relieved I feel after they disappear into the past! 

Back to our regularly scheduled program!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Martian Hale said:

Thanks Guys. Just back from the hospital, sore bottom but given the all clear.

Martian von Singing the High Notes

Did you get to watch on their nice tv screen?

Makes having it done all worthwhile!

39 minutes ago, CedB said:

Not quite so good when you have one without any drugs!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Whofan said:

I'm sure we could swap many stories of interviews, but I particularly remember a colleague who I used to do interviews with, who would effectively bore the individual almost to death by producing reams of documents and getting him to  acknowledge each one, and so on an on, and then go for the jugular in about 3 questions. It worked just about every time! I remember once sitting there trying hard not to snigger .....

Good luck with the colonoscopy. My wife (worked in the NHS for 25 years) tells me the doctors will soon get to the bottom of it ...........   :whistle:

And enjoying every minute of watching the victi,er,"patient" squirming about:phew: as the rubber gloves are being slipped on,stretched,slapped

and anticipating fingers wriggled into them with the usual statement,"Now this won't hurt........":)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stampedingviking said:

Did you get to watch on their nice tv screen?

Makes having it done all worthwhile!

Not quite so good when you have one without any drugs!

I could have done but I was more interested in the Happy Gas they gave me. It would be great for the fibromyalgia but they wouldn't let me take it away with me.

1 hour ago, longshanks said:

Now get back to work :whip:

Kev

I will as soon as I can sit comfortably at my bench! This evening everyone is calling me Choo Choo Train on the grounds that I have a tender behind!

1 hour ago, TheBaron said:

Glad it went well today.:thumbsup2:

Tony

Thanks Baroness.

57 minutes ago, Miggers said:

And enjoying every minute of watching the victi,er,"patient" squirming about:phew: as the rubber gloves are being slipped on,stretched,slapped

and anticipating fingers wriggled into them with the usual statement,"Now this won't hurt........":)

Having had the procedure before, I knew the "this won't hurt" line was BS. The last time I had it done it was and still is the worst pain I have ever experienced. That, coupled with an extremely unpleasant doctor  who refused to stop when I said I couldn't continue because of the pain, "stop whinging and let me get on with my job", led to a very different situation today where I was promised that no would mean no and stop would mead just that and the offer of happy gas to assist with my sensitive stomach.

3 hours ago, Sprueloose said:

Yay! Always amazes me how easily I am thrown by these events and how relieved I feel after they disappear into the past! 

Back to our regularly scheduled program!

Having had this procedure before, the thought of it has been getting me down for some weeks. I only went ahead with it today for my wife's sake.

Martian

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, The Spadgent said:

Glad everything went well O Green one. 

Now rest up with a nice aeroplane model. :lol:

Jont. 

Sensible advice! I have been fancying doing something state of the art for a while now. Like I haven't got anything else on the go but since when did that ever stop any of us?

Martian

Martian

• Like 1

Glad to hear the old procedure went well. Well, as well as it could. Taking the pain, worry, discomfort and TV screen into consideration. 

Having had it done a couple of years ago, I must say that the TV screen is very disconcerting. I suspect that they must have had to adjust the contrast and colour settings for a green xenomorph? Special laughing gas for an extra terrestrial too...? 🚀.

Singularly unpleasant stuff but Mrs. Martian doesn't need to worry now :).

Now, has that Milliput dried yet :tumble:?

:D

All best regards

TonyT

• Like 1

Maybe you should come to the US next time...they give a general anaesthetic for that procedure. I just made the Doc promise he wasn't going to use an iPhone and selfie stick and that's the last I remember! Glad it all went well!

Ian

• Like 2

He's building up the anticipation of getting back to the model.

Or, he's building up the sympathy.

Either way, I for one will be back for more.

BTW, when I had it done years ago I asked for the pictures on DVD.

• Like 1