Phantom FGR.2 31 Squadron 1/48 Hasegawa

Cockpit is still missing the things I can reach through the hole in the top as it stops me knocking bits off.

Seats, Sight / HUD thingy, rear rack bits for recce items all go on as late as possible.

I plan to get it painted this week, then next time home decals, weathering and weapon building before final assembly.

• Like 1

This GB is bringing back all kinds of odd memories. The pic of the four phantoms on the box top, and your mention of rocket pods, reminds me of the old Dr Who episode where at the end, they call in a RAF airstrike and some Phantoms come in and fire rockets at a mansion where the alien is holed up. 

Anyone remember that?

Looking forward to following this build!

1 hour ago, bianfuxia said:

This GB is bringing back all kinds of odd memories. The pic of the four phantoms on the box top, and your mention of rocket pods, reminds me of the old Dr Who episode where at the end, they call in a RAF airstrike and some Phantoms come in and fire rockets at a mansion where the alien is holed up. 

Anyone remember that?

Series 7, episode 4 - Terror of the Autons  ?

No, I dont remember it, :) a quick google told me that, but no footage, sadly.

• Like 1

On 02/03/2017 at 1:25 PM, bianfuxia said:

Anyone remember that?

On 02/03/2017 at 3:13 PM, RMP2 said:

Series 7, episode 4 - Terror of the Autons  ?

No, I dont remember it, :) a quick google told me that, but no footage, sadly.

YouTube has to have that in it somewhere! 

#Edit# This is the best I could find, a list of aircraft involved in Dr. Who episodes;

http://www.impdb.org/index.php?title=Doctor_Who

Edited by Col.

• 4 weeks later...

So, I'm back home now and putting things together, I have built my Cluster Bombs and now am going to start the frankly terrifying task of gluing these and the rocket pods to the pylons.

Rob, I need your patented jig now!  ;)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the kind words Gentlemen.

Here are some more pics after the 'fun' decals went on.  So far very good using Humbrol Decal Fix to set them.

IMG_8103.jpg

IMG_8104.jpg

IMG_8105.jpg

Lots and lots and lots of stencils to go!

• Like 5

Nice. Looking forward to the rocket pods finally finding a home.

Is that a ladder set I spy in the box?

Did the opened panel resin go in with no issues? Was thinking of using that along with other opened up stuff for my final FGR2 build. Sometime around 2086 I expect...

• Like 1

The resin panel went in a treat!  Just scribed along the Hasegawa panel lines with a craft knife until it dropped through.

Bob of super glue around the hole and dropped in the panel.  Simples. 

Yes indeed a ladder.  Starting to realise how ambitious a build this is. eek!

• Like 1

IMG_8124.jpg

IMG_8129.jpg

Eduard's sheet for the F4 C/D which although is not strictly correct gives me most of what I need.

The walk way lines on the wings are meant to be red and yellow, and they will be but I used a white one from a Low-Viz decal sheet I had spare and will cover it in a yellow decal once I sort through my Tornado decals.

The Eduard stencils are very nice decals which went down easily but SO fragile and do not like anything other than warm water.  No Sol or Decal fix used at all.

Satin coated with Halfords own Satin Lacquer.

• Like 6

That's odd, there looks like some silvering on the XV484 decal on the port aft fusealge... 

...however I can't see it in real life, must be the light. :huh:

So everything is packed away under the stairs now, the hire car is here & I'm back to sea tomorrow.

I have taken my intake blanks and Flightpath ladder back though so plenty to do!

• Like 1