'Desert Rendevous, Libya 1942.' Finished 26/3

DaveJL

Not much of an update, but the 4 figures i've gone for are built up:

IMG_2812_zpspasb86u7.jpg

The headdress on the 2 standing figures required some filler. Any tips for painting flesh? Figures have never been my strong point...

Dave

• Like 1

Hi Dave, for the figures spray primer is a good start. Games Workshop do a good range of flesh tones. Thereafter try a sepia wash to accentuate the facial contours, then finally a dry brushing of a lighter tone to bring out the high spots.

Have fun!

No worries Dave. I was editing my reply when you replied, so I will instead reply to your reply to my reply.... erm... I think!B)

I was going to say, another good reason for priming is that it highlights any mould lines and therefore gives you the opportunity to sand or file them down before you start to paint.

49 minutes ago, clive_t said:

No worries Dave. I was editing my reply when you replied, so I will instead reply to your reply to my reply.... erm... I think!B)

I was going to say, another good reason for priming is that it highlights any mould lines and therefore gives you the opportunity to sand or file them down before you start to paint.

Cheers Clive. Just like a kit then  with regards to primer, to see any imperfections.

I'll paint one at a time and see how it goes!

• Like 1

More done. Took me a day and a half to do 2 figures (really not my strongpoint :lol: ) but the first 2 are done, and fitted to their vehicles:

IMG_2830_zpsd6tpjehp.jpg

IMG_2831_zpsxvjcpx9a.jpg

IMG_2832_zpsrncbzgxk.jpg

Due to the way this figure sat in the jeep, I fitted the MP-40 into his right hand as it was floating in mid air. I also added a small belt of .50 ammunition to the feed tray of the weapon.

IMG_2829_zpsdxw1up6d.jpg

IMG_2833_zpsrofst3uh.jpg

Both figures were primed, then painted with Tamiya acrylics, before a mixture of dry brushing, washes and powders were added. A sneak preview of the base:

IMG_2834_zpsh9ffgdy6.jpg

2 more figures to go!

Dave

• Like 2

Looking pretty special.  I see you even have the steering wheels on the right (wrong) side of the truck.

Must be tough for those guys to drive the jeep, haha..

Take care,

Lloyd

Edited by BlackMax12