1/72 - Kawasaki Ki-102b Otsu & Ki-102a Kou "Randy" by Sword - released - new boxing

Homebee

Unlikely that this is based on the old Pavla tooling. AZ has those tools and they were to be the basis of the Announced AZ model. AZ has brought a number of Pavla kits to new and improved life but I think it would be hard to match the quality of recent Sword work going that route. This proposed release is consistent Swords apparent areas of specialization, badly needed RAF/FAA subjects (2 seat Lightnings, 2 seat Harriers, Gannet AEW), similarly needed USN subjects (Skynights, Banshees, and Towgars) and the IJAAF and IJNAF. The Ki-102 is a seriously handsome bird and can't wait to get my hands on this one. Think the AZ/Pavla one will still follow.

• Like 1

I will definitely get more than one, but my problem with current Sword releases is total lack of PE parts, their recent Harriers are fine kits but cockpit screams for pre painted 

PE parts like in all of their kits until 2015...hope they incorporate some in future releases.

• 3 weeks later...

This subject pains me.  And I'm sure it's a pain many an other modeler here has felt.

Little more than a year ago did I find out about how rare the Pavla Ki-102 "Randy" kit was and thus made a determined effort to get a copy for my own.  An expensive determined effort.

And here we are now with Sword popping its version out that already looks superior to the old Pavla kitting just from the sprue photos alone.

/sigh...

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Madoc said:

This subject pains me.  And I'm sure it's a pain many an other modeler here has felt.

Little more than a year ago did I find out about how rare the Pavla Ki-102 "Randy" kit was and thus made a determined effort to get a copy for my own.  An expensive determined effort.

And here we are now with Sword popping its version out that already looks superior to the old Pavla kitting just from the sprue photos alone.

/sigh...

These things are sent to try us.  Such is life. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...