What RN WW2 1/350 kit you wish the most?

claudius

Hello guys, I would like to ask all of you if there is any particular WW2 Royal Navy ship you wish to be released in 1/350 scale.

For example I never heard about any HMAS (Aussie actually...) Sydney available around in that scale.

HMS Colossus light fleet carrier can be used for late WW2, post War, Korean War, Suez, Falklands  Used by UK, Australia, Canada, Argentina, Brazil and India and in service for over 50 yrs

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davepb said:

HMS Exeter 1939, HMS Achilles & HMS Ajax both 1939 so we can model the Battle of the River Plate. HMS Starling, HMS Gloworm

davepb, Starling and Gloworm are both available in resin from Atlantic Models, I have both and very nice they are.

For myself I would say HMS Renown, HMS Sheffield, any Dido class cruisers and any carrier serving in the British Pacific Fleet. 

Richard

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Richard G said:

davepb, Starling and Gloworm are both available in resin from Atlantic Models, I have both and very nice they are.

For myself I would say HMS Renown, HMS Sheffield, any Dido class cruisers and any carrier serving in the British Pacific Fleet. 

Richard

I stand corrected Richard. How about HMS Wear or any other River Class Frigate?

6 hours ago, davepb said:

I stand corrected Richard. How about HMS Wear or any other River Class Frigate?

Sadly I don't know of any, White Ensign would have been the best hope for one. Maybe Pete Hall at Atlantic Models will do one in the future, I hope so as they are historically important and offer up plenty of options .

Richard

Although not primarily a modeller of floaty things, I would like to see any or all of the following ; (in IM plastic please!!, NOT expensive resin/multi media kits!):)

Abdiel Class minelayer

Leander Class Light Cruiser

Dido Class Light Cruiser

Arethusa Class Light Cruiser

Tribal Class Destroyer

Revenge Class Battleship

County Class Cruiser

Allan

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Albeback52 said:

Although not primarily a modeller of floaty things, I would like to see any or all of the following ; (in IM plastic please!!, NOT expensive resin/multi media kits!)

Tribal Class Destroyer

Allan

There is already the Trumpeter HMS Eskimo or as HMS Zulu in the 1/350 Scale as an injected plastic Model kit

• Like 1

Just now, 73north said:

There is already the Trumpeter HMS Eskimo or as HMS Zulu in the 1/350 Scale as an injected plastic Model kit

Thanks for the info!:thumbsup:

Allan

5 hours ago, Groundloop said:

Skytrex do a River class frigate and a V/W destroyer in 1/350.  They are a bit crude but with a bit of work and some WEM PE they can turn out quite well.

http://www.skytrex.com/60-meridian-wwii-1350th-ships

http://armorama.co.uk/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=22206&mode=thread&order=0

we so nearly had this V & W Class ship until sad death of owner in April last year , I don't know if it will ever be produced now

My first option would be a Victorious (or Illustrious as they were reasonably similar) and also a CA class destroyer, preferably Cassandra. But really? anything RN would certainly catch my eye and pull at my wallet!

Bob

• Like 1