Hasegawa 1:48 Phantoms - Israel & Japan

Ok so I'm a big fan of the Phantom and decided a few months ago to do a joint build of Israeli and Japanese F4's. I used the Hasegawa kits for both builds with aftermarket decals from Isra Decal and DXM (stencils). I used the original decals for the JASDF Phantom in the main and considering they were printed in 1986 they came out well. Eduard cockpit aftermarket was also used and Ised Mr Color, Tamiya and Alclad paints for both. I got a lot of help form members on here during the build so thanks for that.

The Israeli F4 has a temporary 'load out' as I am awaiting some of the Hasegawa sets.

Overall I enjoyed the builds and even more so that the kits costs me £16 and £24 respectively which is great value considering I just paid £60 for the Hasegawa re-hash of the FGR1!!

20171003-Aircraft_Models__(23_of_70).jpg20171003-Aircraft_Models__(20_of_70).jpg20171003-Aircraft_Models__(26_of_70).jpg20171003-Aircraft_Models__(25_of_70).jpg20171003-Aircraft_Models__(45_of_51).jpg20171003-Aircraft_Models__(48_of_51).jpg20171003-Aircraft_Models__(51_of_51).jpg

Edited by Skyhunter66
re-link photos
  • Like 44

Hello,Skyhunter66 - Well,what could be better than one beautiful Phantom?

Two of course.That is exactly what I see here.Phabulously built and phinished.I love them.

😉👍All the best,Paul.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, exdraken said:

great models!!

looking foward to the final loadout for the IDF/AF bird!

never seen tat JSDF svheme before! such big roundels and grey  in grey camo! :)

cheers - this is the photo of the original and as I believe this was a temporary scheme for a weapons meet. img_0?1357385697

• Like 2

Many thanks for the kind comments - much appreciated!

I have another Hasegawa Super Kai on order from a Japanese seller so more to come! I also need to do an Hellenic, Iranian and Luftwaffe version (although I have done one of these in 1:32)

chris 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Skyhunter66 said:

cheers - this is the photo of the original and as I believe this was a temporary scheme for a weapons meet. img_0?1357385697

thanks a lot, never doubted!

great pic!!