1/48 - Martin A-30 Baltimore Mk.I/II by Special Hobby - clear sprue+moulds+test shots+3D renders - release in 2024

Homebee

55 minutes ago, Christer A said:

They're taking their sweet time cutting the molds for this one, aren't they?

Still, I like what I see and I do have a well stocked stash in the meantime :)

9 Months... Quite human... 😉

Ok - from one sprue shot to the next...

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Christer A said:

They're taking their sweet time cutting the molds for this one, aren't they?

Tooling time is very valuable, so the mould removed from the tooling room goes to the injection press. The sprues are analysed, comments are noted, engineers make adjustments and so on. Meanwhile, the tooling room cuts another mould, often for a different project. To be honest, I can't remember how many models Special Hobby has in the tooling at the moment. Certainly a lot. At least we have time to earn money for all these kits :D

• Like 4

• 5 months later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Martin A-30 Baltimore Mk.I/II by Special Hobby - clear sprue+moulds+test shots+3D renders - release in 2024

More than seven years in the making!!!

It seems time is not a vital parameter for SH. Hope to live long enough to grab one, otherwise I will tell my family to put one sample in my coffin!

😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

• 3 weeks later...

So, the original title was for Mks. I and II, but Special Hobby's label now says Mk.I/V.  What are the major differences?  I thought those gigantic post-boxes grafted to the top of the engines were only for Mks. III-V, unless they're some kind of optional trop filter.  I was hoping to make a svelte cowling example.

On 12/29/2021 at 7:11 PM, alt-92 said:

That chisel has me slightly worried for the panel lines though :D

They do look a little heavy and the detail soft.

8 hours ago, New Tool said:

They do look a little heavy and the detail soft.

Just lets wait with comments until the kit will be actualy released . Having build some of the latest models from Special Hobby I think that the panel lines will be fine. But even if it that is true I still  can't wait to buy it and have fun building it just like the other kits. Beside we finaly are getting a long overdue model of the Baltimore. It will be a good companion for my Maryland. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1