Seafire F.XVII cockpit interior colors

BerndM

Hello, i have a question regarding the cockpit interior colors of the Supermarine Seafire F.XVII. Airfix suggest Humbrols 33 for all uppersides in the cockpit and Humbrol 90 for all basements.

Guess 90 is sky so it should be the usual interior green ( Hu 78 or 120 )

The ( restored to flying condition ) Seafire in BMs walk around section has a cockpit completly in green.

Whats accurate for the aircraft markings in the kit ? All aircraft in service after the WWII in the 1947-1950 time frame.

Thanks in advance

Bernd

I was under the impression that the interior colours of the Seafire XVII was as per the instructions of the Airfix kit. However I would go with Humbrol 78 (or equivalent) rather than 90 Sky.

I am sure someone will provide the definitive answer? If that is possible of course!

• Like 1

An interior green will be used for sure, interesting is the black color, that was used in other types as well.

For this i would go for a "scale" black.

• 1 year later...

thanks for the heads up.  just bought this kit.  ime gonna do 78 for all the innrds asside from the IP

I did an Airfix Mk. XVII last year and went with the information I read and/or was told online: Interior Grey-Green seat, floor and fuselage sides up to the level of the longeron beneath the portside pilot's door.. Black instrument panel, upper areas of fuselage sides, and bulkhead/armor behind seat.

• Like 2