Wondered if there might be any interest in a GB featuring subjects that are all living beings of the past, present or future, real or fictional.....No inanimate objects need apply, no wingy-things, no tanks, boats etc. etc.  however an exception might be possible for anthromorphic/biomorphic robots (and even the undead).  :shrug:

Just a thought.  :coolio:

1 - Sgt.Squarehead

2 - Robert Stuart

3 - Bengalgenesis

4 - Col.

5 - AndyRM101

6 - Will Vale

7 - Blastvader

8 - Mrs PlaStix

9 - Ozzy

10 - Sabre-Days

11 - BrotherMole

12 - Avereda

13 - Ray S

14 - Caerbannog

15 - beefy66

• Like 4

Nice one Robert.....I've got an Airfix 1/32 Cuirassier somewhere that stalled well short of 25% (the horse I wanted to model mine on left my local riding stables).  :blush:

On a vaguely related note, I figure we could probably include wargaming forces in this GB too.....If you absolutely must include tanks & guns in your force, I reckon a ratio of around twenty figures to each tank and ten to each gun or softskin would be acceptable, but TBH there are plenty of other places where such things can be built.  

• Like 2

That's just what I had in mind.....I'm determined to get some figures, dinosaurs and sci-fi stuff into the GB area.  We have so many talented modellers in those fields I reckon it would become a goldmine of hints and tips once we actually got a GB started.  :coolio:

• Like 2

Sounds good. Please include me as there's an Airfix Bluetits kit in the stash and at least one figure kit that will work.

One question if I may; have plans to create a diorama featuring a deck crew folding the wing of a naval aircraft with about a dozen individuals involved. Would such an idea be allowed?

• Like 1

It could, but then it could also be included in so many other places.....The figures themselves would be more than welcome, but I'd rather keep the forum's more regular subject matter like aicraft and tanks out of this one if possible.  :coolio:

• Like 1

EVA units.....I'm guessing this isn't 'Extra Vehicular Activity'?  :hmmm:

I look forward to whatever you choose Mrs P.  :coolio:

It would be great if we could get the whole sci-fi/dinos/figures gang together and talking in one thread.....Plus the gallery should be truly wild!  :thumbsup:

PS - Where are the dinosaur gang anyway.....I'd have thought (hoped) they'd be all over this like a rash!  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

EVA units.....I'm guessing this isn't 'Extra Vehicular Activity'?  :hmmm:

EVA units are the huge angry "robot suits" from Neon Genesis Evangelion, which

Spoiler

are indeed organic, not really suits, and contain the souls of people...

For all (perhaps because of all) its histrionics It's a great series, and there are some cool kits from Bandai and Kotobukiya of most of the EVA units and some of the angels.

Will

• Like 2

Welcome aboard sir.  :thumbsup:

You have the general gist of the idea, but at present we are at a very early stage.....This thread is a proposal, we need thirty names here to make it into the vote for next years GB Calendar.  If we make it through the voting we will be allocated a time slot and as you surmised we all start building together in a sub-forum created for the purpose. 

Have a good poke around the GB area, you'll find some great build threads, usually with full WIPs and galleries that you won't find elsewhere in the forum.....It's a whole new forum in itself.  :coolio:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I think I would like to sign up for this one please if I may? I have a Hinchliffe 75mm Military Figure Model in my stash. It would be somewhat different to the stuff I normally build, and I may learn how to:

1. Build white metal kits
  2. Paint figures and
  3. Find out what it is supposed to represent (there is nothing on the box except an illustration which does not show the version in the box, and a hand written 75/32)

Cheers, and this is a cracking idea for a GB by the way!!

Ray