Airfix DeHavilland Vampire T.11 1/72

Whilst working on my 1/72 concorde i needed a gap filler and at the top of the pile was the Airfix Vampire. Not only was this my first finished kit of 2017 but also my first airbrushed model. She wins no prizes in terms of paint finish but she has finished well enough to be displayed.

The Vampire is painted with valejjo silver and humbrol 24 matt trainer yellow. The kit went together very well only leaving slight gaps in the lower wing joins and the exhaust can was too thick and needed to be sanded down to fit. Otherwise a great model.

Only additions to the model was the seatbelts made from masking tape and the ejector handles from wire. Here are some pictures of here in her glorious finish.

20170129_215915_zpsvsykp0i5.jpg20170129_215955_zpsp87flolq.jpg20170129_220013_zps5nekuqjx.jpg20170129_220037_zpsukijqzpq.jpg

Thankyou for looking.

• Like 20

58 minutes ago, Graham316 said:

my first airbrushed model

And you chose one with yellow? Brave man! You certainly done a good job Graham :) 

Lovely looking build there Graham,

I'm in the process of building my Vampire.......but I think I must've messed up somewhere,quite big gaps to be filled!

Hope I can sort it & get it looking as good as yours.

All the best,

Andrew

• Like 1

Cheers Andrew mine went rather well with only a small gap across the top of the wong join to the fuselage and the join on the wings on the underside. But with a little bit of force these closed up. Best of luck with yours.

This one is from the vampire preservation group and they have a website. However its not fantastic but it is for sale of you have a spare £100,000 i think ill stick to this one as i havent got alot of room 😂😂😂