Kinetic F-16A/B

batcode

Hi hopeing try and enter my first Gb on here for a while, my entry will be the Kinetic F-16A/B which i plan to do the Twin set (B) just as dont see many done lol, i hav got some a/m seat that plane to use and poss some a/m decals but not 100% yet on the,.

on opening the box i couldent belive the amout of plastic ok there are parts for both versions, but several sprues of weapons and some ther are 3-4 of the same, the kit thought does come with a metal pitot tube lol..

P1160567.jpg

P1160568.jpg

P1160570.jpg

P1160571.jpg

• Like 4

Are you going for a Taiwan F-16B?

The kit needs some dry fitting but isn't a bad kit.

I am building a F-16AM at the moment but the exhaust had some nasty attachment points so replaced it with an aftermarket one.

welcome aboard, and you're right we don't have that many 2 seaters in the build so it's nice to have another one.

Wow that box is jammed packed with bits, the good thing with it is there's heaps of spares for the parts box and other builds.

Well good luck with the build, look forward to seeing what scheme you go with.

might do the box scheme Lex but not 100% yet..

as for fit issues if its anything like there 1:72 kit then i know will be fun as that was a pain at places lol........

just a tiny update in the way that got a black base down followed by the grey....then painted some the black instrument panels etc..

hopefully today will be detailing the pit etc:::

P1160605.jpg

P1160606.jpg

P1160611.jpg

• Like 2

been ploughing on with this one thought really starting to get annoyed withe shoddy work with all the release pins everywhere, and its not like there small....

P1160643.jpg

then these on the tail!!!!

P1160647.jpg

just with technology these days should kits still be like this???? is putting me off doing any more kinetic kits!!!

anyway managed to get the cockpit done and the fuselage joined up.

P1160627.jpg

P1160638.jpg

P1160644.jpg

P1160645.jpg

P1160646.jpg

and this is where i am upto at the moment....

P1160648.jpg

Edited by batcode
  • Like 1

the work you've do so far is great, I do like the cockpit as well.

gosh it's almost like they couldn't have been bothered the insides of the parts, the internal finish of that cockpit section in the top photo is horrible! I know it can't be seen but surely it's not that hard to tidy up the moulds a bit! 

yeah i didnt think about cleaning it much as hoping seats will hide it...but most parts are the same and considering there not bargin prices....is bad, i doubt unless there now kits are improved ill do another kinetic kit in a hurry!!!

sorry not done a recent update had a few problems some pc/internet related but here is progress pics to where im upto now....

here yo can see yet more of the poor quality soem on the inside of the tail the other on the underside of the flaps as have checked and not there in any pictures.

P1160650.jpg

P1160652.jpg

main assmbly done ,and bays painted .

P1160654.jpg

P1160655.jpg

seats are finished though when went to fit found they didnt fit?? so hard to do some trimming and sanding so would fit...

P1160658.jpg

P1160668.jpg

and here is where im at, at present....

P1160669.jpg

• Like 2

got the last of the main buid done today then any places that needed filler did so......then left to dey ...hoping maybe on to some paint tomorrow, debating if will pre-shade or have it looking clean???

P1160690.jpg

Edited by batcode
  • Like 1

ok now you just need to lay down some lite coats on the main grey, laying it in lite coats allows you get the right amount dark grey appearing through the lite grey.

You're well on the way, great job.

• Like 1

went to start on this and went to mask up tghe canopy and reilised was all marked on the inside and big line right down the middle so had to sort

P1160702.jpg

P1160703.jpg

canopy is to the side drying after a dip in gauzy my first go at using this...mean while got all the small bits fitted, u/c bays all cobered over and forst paint colour down....

P1160704.jpg

• Like 2

On Sunday, February 05, 2017 at 4:55 PM, Jabba said:

For a modern kit those release pin makes are a bit of a shocker.

Maybe wanted to be a modern kit and has such features, like modularity... but quality wise it is more a first "lets try making kits" what it more or less also was....

Apart from that, nice progress and a B it wikl be then! Good choice! :)

fingers crossed have a canopy on way from a fellow modeller, so carried on withe build and got on with the paint..

first did the nose then onto the main greay, mind the callout dsoent seem right as hows the light colour for the nose, where in pics ive looked at the lighest colour is in between the nose and main grey??

P1160724.jpg

P1160726.jpg

then onto the tail first with white followed by red..

P1160728.jpg

P1160729.jpg

P1160730.jpg

P1160731.jpg

painted the nozzles ready for i hope weathering and some effects, and last pic is where i am now..

P1160732.jpg

P1160733.jpg

• Like 3

has a few problems to sort so been able to do an update, but mangede to source a replacement canopy from a fellow modeller who had one he wont be using i carried on with things...

withe tail and main scheme on  i started on the dcelap=iong but ws after they dried i reilised that i had messed up and had not doen the light grey by the nose...so had totouch up after .

P1160733.jpg

P1160734.jpg

P1160735.jpg

P1160736.jpg

P1160737.jpg

P1160738.jpg

P1160740.jpg

next was some weathering as did find few pics of this airframe most was in prisetine but had afew where it did have some dirt etc as they were used as normal despite the special art..

P1160741.jpg

P1160742.jpg

P1160743.jpg

P1160744.jpg

next on the the exhaust and trued a new way of doing them as in , put down aluminium then a mix of clear red and orange mix.then weather it a bit

P1160745.jpg

P1160747.jpg

P1160748.jpg

P1160750.jpg

P1160751.jpg

onto finishing touches and will be completed section soon....

P1160756.jpg

• Like 2

well done she looks awesome!!! She certainly is a colourful aircraft and you've done a great job on her and by the looks of it she's complete and in the galley as well.

I can tell you're really happy with her by the number of photos you've posted in the gallery......... :whistle: