Deadly Dora-Hobbyboss FW 190D in 1/48

Hi folk's another late war Luftwaffe subject is Hobbyboss 190D,delight to build apart from those annoying sprue gates,after the 109F I wanted

to get a bit more adventurous with the mottling using an old pen taped to the end of my basic airbrush I might just have got away with it,I have

to thank Matt(mattlow) for sending fuselage crosses after the kit ones curled up and died! the swastika markings also curled up so replaced

with all I had not accurate but better than none,I,m just about to start a pair of their 262's so hoping for better decal's,many thank's for 

looking in.

DSCN4563_zpsaaxcw8gd.jpg

DSCN4551_zpsoxiydjyd.jpg

DSCN4553_zps0s0oorv5.jpg

DSCN4554_zpsby1ysozr.jpg

DSCN4556_zps85fknfaq.jpg

DSCN4557_zpsd3fiwoha.jpg

DSCN4558_zpszrfecizg.jpg

DSCN4560_zpslbakx9sa.jpg

DSCN4552_zpspfh8dhhf.jpg

• Like 27

24 minutes ago, BerndM said:

Lovely Dora, Steve in a very clean finish.

Beautiful :)

Many thank's Bernd Probably the Luftwaffe subject I've built which pleased me most,next up will be a pair of 262's and more

challenging schemes.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

That is really impressive Steve. It really looks the business! Very well done. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Many thank's Stix.

2 minutes ago, Buzby061 said:

Very nice indeed.

Not done a Luftwaffe aircraft for ages, must remedy that.

Pete

Cheer's Pete,go on you know you want to!

15 minutes ago, Buzby061 said:

Steve, I have a hankering to do the Airfix 1/48 Stuka. Must take a few white fivers out of the wallet.

Pete

I assume the new tool Pete which look's outstanding and I suppose I will get one in the future,The old tool scrubs up well and comes

in around a tenner or less at shows and swap meets,King Kit were flogging them for eight quid a while ago when I got this one

SDC13749%20640x480_zpse1q75gg1.jpg

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Tony Oliver said:

Nice!

Whats this airbrush and a pen business about? Looks like it works anyways 👍🏿

Hello Tony,my airbrush is a Revell starter one great for priming and one colour finishes,fine for me as I tend to spray the base

coat and paint camo with the brush,I simply make different end pieces from old pens etc which condenses the wide spray into

smaller flows by taping them to the end remembering not to spray down on a subject is paint does tend to drip,I got the finest

flow yet with an old superglue nozzle for this one.

• Like 2

Hello,Steve - I always admire your modelling work and builds.Having read the equipment and methods used I respect them even more. This 'FW-190' is simply superb and the quality and detail of the painting and finishing work is what I focus on more than anything when I view a model.This result shows what ingenuity and capable hands can achieve.

😉👍 All the very best,Paul.

• Like 1

Many thank's for your kind word's Paul,I could go and get an all singing all dancing airbrush but it's fun playing around to

see what can be achieved!

• Like 1

On 29.1.2017 at 8:12 PM, stevej60 said:

Many thank's Bernd Probably the Luftwaffe subject I've built which pleased me most,next up will be a pair of 262's and more

challenging schemes.

I am really looking forward to your coming builds. They are fine kits, guess you will have a lot of fun.

• Like 1

Hi Steve

Great to see the crosses where they belong.. :) Good looking D-13 and I like the Stuka as well...

Matt

PS I keep going to threads and thinking 'I didn't post in this... then I see its BerndM... :)

• Like 1

Hey Steve,

Love the Dora

Nice mottling very well done.

How do you find 1/48 v 1/72? (I've not been on lately but I thought you generally built 1/72)

The spiral on the spinner is perfect.

It took me about 4 or 5 goes to get it right and half decent on a 1/72 Italeri Dora a couple of year back!

Cheers

Bruce

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Winenut said:

How do you find 1/48 v 1/72? (I've not been on lately but I thought you generally built 1/72

Many thank's Bruce,I prefer 1/72 for a quicker builds but just in a 1/48 place lately,the spinner was a decal as Trumpeter for some

reason don't give you one and with wanting to do some Luftwaffe schemes I can tinker with the air brush to get the mottling unlike

1/72 scale which I can't get right.

27 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Another very nice build, that man!

I also like the airbrush/pen idea

and hereby give notice that I will steal it.

Trial and error Pete,and have an old kit to practice on,paint splatters,dripping and a few of the different ends blowing off till

I got it workable:rage: