1/48 Mig-31 Complete, well with a twist.

Pretty quick build and one for my own collection for a change, just over two weeks work from start to finish, if i ever come get another one i think i might do a NMF version. 
Overall a nice kit to build, the only thing that lets it down are the deep old panel lines, but having done a few Anigrand kits that is par for the course. 

The landing gear i thought was going to be an issue but it is quite steady even with all the weight of the resin.

After getting the base coat on i just added some random panel variations to break up the surface. 
[linked image]
The real thing if we can call it that is quite glossy and patchy but its kind of dificult to get to fussy with this sort of thing as its not real so you dont really have a lot to work with, i suppose that is also a good side to sci fi work, no real right or wrong. 
[linked image]
Last thing to do was decal and assemble, job done, yes the air brakes are up. happy.gif
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

Thanks for looking.

Regards.

Danny.

• Like 19

I don't know 'bout you, but I still think that the 'Reel' MiG-31 is more sleek looking that the real MiG-31! :winkgrin:

Good job :goodjob: and thanks for the memories - saw it in the cinema when it first came out for.....well it's a loong time ago. :blush:

Cheers :bye:

Hans J

• Like 2