ACJ17 Nakajima "ame iro" update

With our eternal thanks to the ever patient and obliging Nick Millman, we have updated our ACJ17 Nakajima "Ame Iro" colour, which for a while has been known to be a bit too dark and a bit too saturated.

The out going ACJ17 wasn't too bad, but a bit too stark. It's measured colour values render in RGB like this:

ACJ17-previous_zpsoh3tdjvh.jpg

With more representative values provided by Nick, the Nakajima colour should (and now does :)) look a little lighter and washed out compared to the old colour:

ACJ17-new_zpsdzqio1nz.jpg

The updated colour has been manufactured, and over the next week or so will be tinned and on sale.

• Like 6

The base colour of a Nakajima B5N Kate would be a good start :) The Kate would have been painted this colour all over, and the green upper surface camouflage was painted on top. When the green is shown heavily worn off in period photographs, I understand it's this fairly robust factory base colour that would showing through, rather than bare aluminium - like our mutual friend Stew Dapple's Kate build which I've borrowed a photo of from the RFI thread:

DSCN4434.jpg 

• Like 3

Great news, I'm on finals finishing a Spitfire at the moment and then I'll be going for a 1/32 scale Hasegawa Hayate as my first for 2017.

Cheers

Dennis