Heller 1/50 Jaguar M Instructions WANTED

Paul Bradley

I just bought a Heller 1/50 Jaguar M - the aborted French Navy version - from eBay - but it has arrived without instructions. Does anyone have a set they could please scan for me? The 1/50 Jaguar A kit instructions are likely very similar, so those would do in a pinch.

TIA!

Edited by Paul Bradley

Hi Paul,

You are lucky as a Jaguar M is my next project and have just dug it up from my stash. Let me know your e-mail address, so I will send you scanned copies of the instructions.

Jun in Tokyo

https://www.flickr.com/photos/horaburo/albums

Edited by Junchan

I'd be happy to oblige at some point, but I'm rather swamped with projects at the moment and for the foreseeable future! I do intend to build it as close to OOB as possible, though I'll probably need to replace the decals as the kit ones are extremely yellowed!

• Like 1

On ‎28‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 0:02 AM, Paul Bradley said:

Yep, that's the one. Mind you, looking at the assembly instructions (thanks Jun) the undercarriage is not very accurate compared to photos.

What are the odds?! :o

I'm sure there are quite a few inaccuracies, which is one reason I intend to do it out of the box, as a period piece. I also have the Heller 1/50 Etendard from a slightly earlier period that I will also do OOB - and including all the working features! - and I can display them together.

For an accurate Jaguar M, I believe I've seen an article somewhere, either online or in a magazine, where someone used a Jaguar A kit and used a Phantom nose leg! Amongst other modifications, of course. My build will be strictly blinkered as far as accuracy is concerned!

John, you always come up with the goods with the British stuff, but didn't expect those, Jaguar M while testing at RAE Bedford - superb shots!

Would love to see some shots of the kit sprues, just to see any differences from the aircraft.

Edited by 71chally
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, 71chally said:

John, you always come up with the goods with the British stuff, but didn't expect those, Jaguar M while testing at RAE Bedford - superb shots!

Would love to see some shots of the kit sprues, just to see any differences from the aircraft.

There is a surprising amount coverage of the Jaguar M in the archives, which is nice! :)

John

• Like 1

Thank you Paul, will probably end with me trying to find and buy the kit!

that's great to hear John, I have seen it said that the nose leg was the same as the Phantom, your shots clearly show it's not but I can see how one could be adapted for a kit.

Edited by 71chally
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, 71chally said:

Thank you Paul, will probably end with me trying to find and buy the kit!

that's great to hear John, I have seen it said that the nose leg was the same as the Phantom, your shots clearly show it's not but I can see how one could be adapted for a kit.

James the only thing I can see the Jaguar nose leg has in common with that of the Phantom is the fact it expands. I've noticed something about the trials is much of the flying appears to have been done with a combination of undercarriage doors missing?

JAGUAR%20188_zpsxaixb7iu.jpg

JAGUAR%20189_zpsl1cmligu.jpg

JAGUAR%20203_zps7jtv9ko0.jpg

JAGUAR%20205_zpsjfggqpam.jpg

JAGUAR%20207_zpswthscdvp.jpg

JAGUAR%2063_zpsogolh5bg.jpg

JAGUAR%2064_zpspjimwi8r.jpgJAGUAR%2065_zpsoliweixn.jpg

J23%20%20AW%2028120_zpsxbjy5xxu.jpg

J21%20NN_zpsecezusvm.jpg

John

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Superb shots again John.

Now preserved, this Jag displays a different arrangement of nose gear doors again, must have went through some changes!

Seems a real shame that this didn't go into production, the early Adour performance couldn't have helped.

Make a great Royal Navy WIF.

• Like 1

It wasnt just the M that had some nosewheel door fiddling, the GRs did too, so maybe just a Jag thing rather than an M thing?

I have also read that a nose gear from a Phantom was used/modified and it looks pretty similar to me, especially at the top end. Would love to hear and see more of it, regardless, it is rather tasty lookin. :)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 71chally said:

Just out of interest John, does the archive have any good general arrangement drawings of Jaguar M?

No James not in what I have, so I suspect not, but things are turning up all the time. I did have a look through but I could find nothing. 

John

• 2 years later...

Hi everyone,

apologies for digging this one up but seeing the great pictures John posted, I thought that I might just ask my questions here :)

Regarding the markings found on M05, can anyone please help out with the following?

- badge on left hand side intake splitter plate: that should be an RAE Bedford crest, right?

- white symbols under the windscreen: what do they represent? There are a couple different shapes...

- badge on right hand side intake splitter plate: is it a stylized insignia of the Clemenceau aircraft carrier?

- badges on the right side intake (behind the "J"): is the first one the badge of Flotille 14F? What could the second one (some sort of black "V"/ wings on light blue background) belong to?

Cheers,

Niki