Albatross D.III Revell 1/72

Good evening fellow modellers.

Recently, I bought this rather old kit, offered by Revell for a bargaining price, so naturally I could not resist it ;)

Naturally, some serious sanding was needed (especially pin marks, they're everywhere!):

IMG_1358.jpg

I've supplemented the cockpit with rib structure, seat and basic instrument panel:

IMG_1402.jpg

Painted wings and fuselage:

IMG_1446.jpg

Then decided that this kit deserves better than Spandau machine guns provided and bought Eduard's offering:

IMG_1454.jpg

Decals were quite a pain to apply, they were thick and did not respond to any decal softener at all:

IMG_1495.jpg

All in all, fitting between bottom and top wing is not ideal but with some elbow grease and a lot of patience, hey presto:

IMG_1563.jpg

There are still some things that need to be made: additional wiring, replacing wire that spans from cowling to wing with a thinner one, finish undercarriage, add pipes between engine and cooler in the wing, seatbelts, weathering, etc... Stay tuned ;)

Regards, TonkaGR.1

• Like 6

I built this kit even before 1969 - cannot remember the year now. Built it again in the mid-1970's and still have it.

Your are doing a brilliant job with such an old kit - but it shows that they can be made into very acceptable models with a little patience and care. Looking forward to seeing it completed.

P