1/48 - Kawasaki Ki-48-I & II "Lily" by AZmodel (revised reissue) - released

Homebee

• 2 weeks later...

I love these Japanese bombers but I wish companies like AZ would give us the equivalent in plastic if they're including resin parts, especially if it's only 1 or 2 parts.  

If they're fixing that really badly shapen canopy that's a good thing though.

Looking at a build review of the previous release on Aussie Modeller it seemed as if the interior detail was lacking in any material ( at least in the opinion of the reviewer).  Wasn't there also an issue with the excessive slope of the nose in front of the cockpit as well as the nose glazing?  Wonder how much has been tweaked this time.

On 13/02/2017 at 8:36 AM, neilh said:

Looking at a build review of the previous release on Aussie Modeller it seemed as if the interior detail was lacking in any material ( at least in the opinion of the reviewer).  Wasn't there also an issue with the excessive slope of the nose in front of the cockpit as well as the nose glazing?  Wonder how much has been tweaked this time.

I think so yes.  How the nose glazing ended up like that I don't know as it could have been checked with the smaller but fairly accurate Hasegawa kit.  They hopefully will fix all issues.

• 3 weeks later...

- ref. AZ4871 - Kawasaki Ki48-I Sokei "Lily" incl. Ki-148 missile (Japan)

Source: 

https://www.aviationmegastore.com/kawasaki-ki48-i-sokei-lily-incl-ki-148-missile-japan-az4871-az-models-8592017az4871-aircraft-scale-modelling/product/?action=prodinfo&art=143646

143646_0.jpg

143646_1.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

- ref. AZ4872 - Kawasaki Ki-48-IIb Sokei "Lily" incl. Ki-148 missile (Japan, China)

Source:

https://www.aviationmegastore.com/kawasaki-ki-48-iib-sokei-lily-incl-ki-148-missile-japan-china-az4872-az-models-8592017az4872-aircraft-scale-modelling/product/?action=prodinfo&art=143647

143647_0.jpg

143647_1.jpg

page-3-1063x1500.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Jan Polc said:

Here is the comparison of the original and new nose - 

lily-nose.jpg

Thanks for posting this.

They have the same fuselage parts but a new sprue of Clear parts that correct the nose shape error. Looks so much better.

The instructions show the original clear sprue with the old misshapen nose part crossed out.

I will have to look for one of these kits, since it would be nice to have a Lilly.