Airfix 1/72 Kate

Built OOB all markings are from the kit.  Construction took about 5 days.  I added tape seat belts and a piece of .005 wire for the antenna.  This is one of two schemes that come in the box.  This is model #3 for the year.

I hope it passes muster.

IMG_1556_zpssmvojgle.jpg

IMG_1557_zpsw0arrdkw.jpg

IMG_1558_zpsf6ssiqem.jpg

IMG_1559_zpsunqta3v0.jpg

IMG_1560_zpsoxtdheni.jpg

IMG_1561_zpssqsv59nr.jpg

• Like 24

It certainly passes muster by my reckoning.  A great looking model with some very nice weathering.  This kit isn't my normal area of interest but I'm sorely tempted. Does it have an open canopy option?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Meatbox8 said:

It certainly passes muster by my reckoning.  A great looking model with some very nice weathering.  This kit isn't my normal area of interest but I'm sorely tempted. Does it have an open canopy option?

Nor mine but i bought one after seeing some builds on YouTube. It does have an open canopy option.

Very nice model Les. 

• Like 2

Thanks so much for your positive comments everyone.  This was a Christmas gift from my wife.  It was an easy build, and I'd like to do another in the alternative scheme with folded wings.  This is a great kit with lots of detail.  The fit is flawless, and I recommend it to anyone that enjoys a good quality kit for a low price.

• Like 1

Very nice indeed. I had in stash one Kate by Hasegawa, intending to built B5N1... but - few days ago I bought this Airfix kit. Looks splendid in the box and you've done it perfectly.

Regards

J-W 

• Like 1