1/72 - Sukhoi Su-17M-3/R "Fitter-H" & Su-17UM-3/K "Fitter-G" by Modelsvit - released - new Su-17M-3 "early" released

Homebee

6 hours ago, Laurent said:

Bought where ?

eBay. I did a search on there just now and there's a seller in The Ukraine called 'Markeeva' that has 3 for  sale

Edited by USAJustin

13 minutes ago, USAJustin said:

eBay. I did a search on there just now and there's a seller in The Ukraine called 'Markeeva' that has 3 for  sale

Since I'm still new and figuring out how to post pictures on here... (which I can't figure out) just search '1/72 modelsvit' and it should show up in there

2 hours ago, Ale85 said:

Someone have tried to build a Modelsvit kit? what about the fit and the assembly process?

ciao

Ale

Built their sukhoi - 7 .
Nature of kit - short run , no alignment pin , very fine panel lines . No resin or PE . 
Fit - Keeping in mind the short run nature , very good as compared to the Valom , Az model or RV-aircraft short run kits I have built . Only minor filling sanding and putty were required and assembly was wrapped up fairly quickly . One of the major issues that crop up with short run kit is fit of canopy but had no issues with this model . 

The decals however were a disaster - it didn't help that the shark mouth decals cracked into 15-20 piece each and it took me 2 hours to realign them and then touch up with a brush . 

Based on photos , the finesse of this su-17 kit appears a solid level above their su-7 kit . 

The model ( the rocket pods are eduard resin ) -
01.jpg_zpsh81uzwuw.jpg

Edited by Basuroy
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

A friend from the Ukraine has brought me the kit for the Moson show. It is fantastic! From what I can see with every kit they make there are improvements in design and production. Really nice one! Excellent job from Modelsvit! :worthy: :thumbsup:

Was speaking with Mr. Sulc from Eduard at the Moson show and asked him if he has seen the Modelsvit Su-17M3. He hasn’t, so I showed it to him. I think he also liked it.

Had a look at some of the sprues and the one for the ejection seat is interesting. Will try to build the seat and see what it is like.

Also had the Tu-22 kit in the bag to add to the stash. :yahoo: It will be a longer project.

Best regards

Gabor

• Like 1

New boxing - ref. 72048 - Sukhoi Su-17M-3R "Fitter-H"

Source: https://fr-fr.facebook.com/modelsvit/posts/2106735859595454

Following your requests, we are continuing the Su-17's family.
This August to be released Su-17M3R with reconnaissance KKR-1 container. The set shall include also PE sheet, 2 canopies, pair of R-60 missiles, external fuel tanks PTB-800, decals for 3 coloring schemes and related painting masks.
Bellow you could find the Art-box of the kit and few 3D renders, providing interesting details.

34469783.jpg

33742543.jpg 33754912.jpg

33943782.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...
On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 8:04 AM, RidgeRunner said:

Has any manufacturer ever done a resin correction set for a Peruvian machine? In 1/72.

Martin

What needs to be corrected for a Peruvian aircraft Martin?

3 hours ago, chris57 said:

What needs to be corrected for a Peruvian aircraft Martin?

They had an extended fillet ahead of the fin. I don't think any other Su-22s had that. Note to self: hard hat on and await incoming ;)

Martin

3 minutes ago, RidgeRunner said:

They had an extended fillet ahead of the fin. I don't think any other Su-22s had that. Note to self: hard hat on and await incoming ;)

Martin

Oops ... I just checked and I'm wrong :( forget I said anything :(

Martin

10 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

Oops ... I just checked and I'm wrong :( forget I said anything :(

Martin

Cheers Martin, reason for enquiring was I've just done a Peruvian version using the Authentic Decals nose art on a Bilek/Italeri SU22 M4 then realized it should have been an M3( file away spine air intake). I was wondering how to re-construct the intake? PHEW!! Chris

The Su22M3 :

No intake on the fin fillet,  but fatter rear end than any M4 caused by R29 engines fitted!

Same as Lybian and many Syrian/ Iraqi examples!

Edited by exdraken

On 8/17/2018 at 1:34 PM, Laurent said:

Think positive: Hungarians modellers would be interested too.

As well as Syrian, Iraqui, Lybian and Yemeni samples, which also have their decals done... 

Regards

Amaru

• 1 month later...

- ref. 72050 - Sukhoi Su-17UM-3 "Fitter-G"

Decals for two camo schemes : USSR / Ukraine

Sources: 

https://www.aviationmegastore.com/sukhoi-su17um3--advanced-two-seat-trainer-72050-modelsvit--mv72050-aircraft-scale-modelling/product/?action=prodinfo&art=161303

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/MSVIT72050

Box art

161303_0.jpg

- ref. 72051 - Sukhoi Su-17UM-3K "Fitter-G"

Decals for four camo schemes : Poland/ Czech Republic / DDR (East Germany) / Iraq

Sources: 

https://www.aviationmegastore.com/sukhoi-su22um3k-advanced-two-seat-trainer-export-vers-72051-modelsvit--mv72051-aircraft-scale-modelling/product/?action=prodinfo&art=161302

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/MSVIT72051

box art

161302_0.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2