Hi I'm Bob

Bob_Sheruncle

Hello everybody!

I'm back to modelling after a gap of 40 odd years!

When I retired early, I fancied painting landscapes etc, but quickly realised that I had zero talent, so sold most of the painting gear and bought HMS Illustrious as my first model. I have fond memories of building Airfix kits as a kid, and thought I would try them again but do them properly this time. eg, not covered in glue. :shock: 

Anyway, I'm looking forward to participating on here

Cheers,
Bob

Welcome to the madhouse forum.  

Any participation is more than welcome, and your choice of subject is rather poignant as the ship herself is already disappearing rapidly in a Turkish scrap yard.

If you've not already found them there are some "Work In Progress" threads on here to provide inspiration and information in spades.

Are you anywhere near Bedford itself?  If so your fiendly neighbourhood model club meets this coming Tuesday.  There are a few forum members there and, allegedly, some lurkers so come along if you can, we'd be glad of your company.

Edited by stever219
Unwanted spelling correction.
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, stever219 said:

Welcome to the madhouse forum.  

Any participation is more than welcome, and your choice of subject is rather poignant as the ship herself is already disappearing rapidly in a Turkish scrap yard.

If you've not already found them there are some "Work In Progress" threads on here to provide inspiration and information in spades.

Are you anywhere near Bedford itself?  If so Your fiendly neighbourhood model club meets this coming Tuesday.  There are a few forum members there and, allegedly, some lurkers so come along if you can, we'd be glad of your company.

Just after I finished "Lusty", it was announced that she was being scrapped. Such a shame, I seem to have the kiss of death!

I'm actually in Luton. What is the name of the club and where do you meet?

12 minutes ago, Bob_Sheruncle said:

I seem to have the kiss of death!

You're not the only one: I think Airfix started issuing their new range of 1/72nd Harriers just as the RAF fleet got he chop.

We're Bedford Scale Model Club and we meet at the Southfield Community Centre in Kempston, just off the A6 near the fire station.  We've got a website and Facebook page with full directions.  Doors open at 7.00 p.m. and there's parking available.  We have the makings for tea & coffee.  Bring something to work on if you want (most of us do) or just to talk about.  If you can make it we'd be very pleased to see you.