1/32 - MRCA Tornado by Italeri - GR.4, ECR & IDS released

Homebee

I hope the port side cannon is optional as I believe it shouldn't be there in a GR.4.

As mentionned by Tim Poppa on FB, the starboard front fuselage panels are inaccurate: http://www.grubbyfingersshop.com/walkaround_galleries/Panavia Tornado GR.4 Walkaround ZG771 RAF Nth Ireland 2017/content/Panavia Tornado GR.4 ZG771 RAF Nth Ireland 2017 001 GraemeMolineux_large.html

Great. A new Tornado in this scale is long overdue and it should be good improvement over Revell's Tornado, which lacks many details with many erroneous existing ones.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Laurent said:

I hope the port side cannon is optional as I believe it shouldn't be there in a GR.4.

As mentionned by Tim Poppa on FB, the starboard front fuselage panels are inaccurate: http://www.grubbyfingersshop.com/walkaround_galleries/Panavia Tornado GR.4 Walkaround ZG771 RAF Nth Ireland 2017/content/Panavia Tornado GR.4 ZG771 RAF Nth Ireland 2017 001 GraemeMolineux_large.html

well, and if it's only a problem due to a "mistake" by the graphic editor ( I hope in english is the right definition). I know this kind of people always have a view from an estetich point of view instead of a more realistic one, so they use sometimes to change the proper verse of an image, thinking an airplane is a simmetric object ... they dont' know this is a not a rule, not for pannels and details of course ... and so the big mistake and the debate starts for something the original render and model have not , due simply by a reverse image. Look at this changed reverse image and tell me ... spacer.png

3 hours ago, gioca said:

well, and if it's only a problem due to a "mistake" by the graphic editor ( I hope in english is the right definition). I know this kind of people always have a view from an estetich point of view instead of a more realistic one, so they use sometimes to change the proper verse of an image, thinking an airplane is a simmetric object ... they dont' know this is a not a rule, not for pannels and details of course ... and so the big mistake and the debate starts for something the original render and model have not , due simply by a reverse image. Look at this changed reverse image and tell me ... 

Good one indeed, but I'm not sure they mirrored the pic. In the detail image I can see the end part of refuelling probe case. It is correctly depicted on the starboard aft fuselage. I think that we are watching at some very early 3d modelling stage renders. I suppose all Tornado variants (I hope!) are being considered and the renders are a mix of them.

It's a pity the delay in showing up with those renders, they totally missed Nurnberg Toy fair. Lack of informations and those poorly rendered images will fan the flames on debate for the accuracy of the model...

Edited by MARTEN75
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/10/2020 at 2:36 PM, MARTEN75 said:

Good one indeed, but I'm not sure they mirrored the pic. In the detail image I can see the end part of refuelling probe case. It is correctly depicted on the starboard aft fuselage. I think that we are watching at some very early 3d modelling stage renders. I suppose all Tornado variants (I hope!) are being considered and the renders are a mix of them.

It's a pity the delay in showing up with those renders, they totally missed Nurnberg Toy fair. Lack of informations and those poorly rendered images will fan the flames on debate for the accuracy of the model...

Actually, I would suggest that any debate is futile until such time as we get much better illustrations and/or pictures of the test shots/actual sprue shots.

Of course, that would deny the cyber warriors and, keyboard "experts" who love to rubbish kits at the earliest opportunity (sometimes even before the CADs are published) their fun!

Allan

• Like 3

Moulds

Source: https://www.facebook.com/ItaleriModelKit/posts/3716094078463185

Tornado GR.4 1:32 scale - Preview Part 3
we are proud to show you some pictures of our 100% new scale model kit production moulds. In the next weeks we will share with you more and more pictures (plastics details, decal sheets, final assembly and painting tests…) to arrive to the release of our new fantastic kit.

90057622-3716080021797924-39237909051101

90069839-3716079361797990-75172084375711

90069839-3716079715131288-91151793496522

90111854-3716080868464506-56647998059944

V.P.

• Like 3

Thoughts:

1) discussing about accuracy is useless now as the tooling is ongoing

2) One of the photos 1 or 3 has been flipped along Ox axis... I wonder why

3) Photo 3 shows the cutting of the mould, photo 1 show the later EDM stage so we have an illustration of how moulds are made... kinda cool

• Like 1

The tail planes or ‘tailerons’ bring back memories of the Hobby Boss 1/48 version and the part breakdown very similar to the 1/48 Revell kit.

F3 in the works... Eek! 

Double EEK from me as well,

I spent 2 years toiling over a 1/32 conversion without a shiff of resin anywhere -  and that means means I want a decent 32nd F4 SO Badly!

• Like 1

On 21/03/2020 at 11:36, WV908 said:

That tail breakdown suggests there is an F3 in the works... Eek! 

Cheers,

WV908

That would be more than fantastic. Not being so “up” on the detail changes at the tail end can you give a pointer there?  

I have a resin conversion set in the stash but it looks easy to bodge it up. A proper injected kit would save a few tears and cash in the swear box

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, JohnT said:

That would be more than fantastic. Not being so “up” on the detail changes at the tail end can you give a pointer there?  

I have a resin conversion set in the stash but it looks easy to bodge it up. A proper injected kit would save a few tears and cash in the swear box

Hi John, at the top of fin there are slots for the ECM and AFT Housings, meaning there are interchangeable parts. Only the F2 and F3 did NOT have these. 

If you're wanting to shift the conversion set I've been after one for a while! 

Cheers,

WV908

Edited by WV908
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, WV908 said:

Hi John, at the top of fin there are slots for the ECM and AFT Housings, meaning there are interchangeable parts. Only the F2 and F3 did NOT have these. 

Cheers,

WV908

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated. That seems encouraging. 

I am doing a line up of 111 Sqn types and the F3 is the end of the line. Well maybe, who knows?  Typhoon or Lightning reformation in the future?  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JohnT said:

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated. That seems encouraging. 

I am doing a line up of 111 Sqn types and the F3 is the end of the line. Well maybe, who knows?  Typhoon or Lightning reformation in the future?  

I think a Typhoon with a black tail and yellow lightning bolt would look very smart! 

An IM Tonka F3 would be very welcome in the future though. Italeri has an excuse to do it what with the Italian operated ADV's / leased F3's

Cheers,

WV908

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WV908 said:

Cheers,

WV908

No reason or suggestion for them not to do an F3 but remember other IDS variants have different sensors in these locations as well which will require interchangeable parts. Be great if they indeed do a ADV.

• Thanks 1

"...to arrive to the release of our new fantastic kit." Well, that's a very humble statement indeed...

We've seen so many "fantastic" kits...  Wait until you bring it out and see how it's brutally killed by rivet counters :)

What kinda dollar do folks think this will be? I'm reckoning £100 plus on initial release. I could see me buying one 12-18 months after the release, when the price has cooled down a bit.

Chris. 

This should be a big improvement on the ancient Revell kits, even given any possible imperfections. As ever, those who want to criticise a new kit will do so and those who want to build it will buy it and enjoy constructing it.  

Chris. 

• Like 1

On 3/24/2020 at 12:17 PM, spruecutter96 said:

What kinda dollar do folks think this will be? I'm reckoning £100 plus on initial release. I could see me buying one 12-18 months after the release, when the price has cooled down a bit.

Chris. 

Or, maybe Revell might rebox and reissue it in a couple of years at half the price of the original?

Like they did with the Italeri  Mirage IIIE? 😊

Allan