1/32 - MRCA Tornado by Italeri - GR.4, ECR & IDS released

Homebee

"Isn't Good" - no just dated, at best the Revell Tornaods represent the IDS/GR1 Tornados as they were about 10-15 years ago,

A Lot has happened to the fleet , especially in the UK in that period, none of which is reflected in the kit.

Its also has very  simplified Intakes, soft lower fuselage surface detailing , and basic U/C bays/cockpit , its high time there was a 32nd tornado to match the options available in Revell's 48th scale kit 

I'd love a modern RAF GR4 in 32nd with the option of a weapons fit that had Accurate Paveway 3LGB  bombs, Brimstone missiles, Raptor pods etc etc .. there are only so many Gulf War 1  Gr1s you can build without either running out of room and/or enthusiasm!

• Like 4

That's a bolt out of the blue ! 

Half expected a Revell reissue but not a brand new tool GR4 from Italeri .

Strange choice of version though .....would of thought an IDS for the home market but I ain't complaining :)

Andy 

• Like 1

Do we actually know if it is a new tool or simply a Revell reissue? I know it says 'new' in the right column but as stated many will be reissues of various tools.

Both would be great but superb if a new tool is made like their recent Mirage III series and hopefully a base for future IDS variants too e.g. Marineflieger IDS with Kormorans straight from the box, GR1 with JP233s, they would be personal dream releases ticked off right there! If they do it properly I can't see it being less than the price of 2-3 Revell Tornados (going on their F-104 and Mirage III prices) but hopefully the model would justify the tag. 

David

• 1 month later...
On 26/01/2017 at 7:51 PM, AlCZ said:

I don´t understand this Italeri choice- Revell Tornado Family isn´t good ?

IMHO - 1/32F-22A "Raptor" was better :( 

But Revell kits don't make money for Italeri

I'm watching with interest, be interesting to see the breakdown of the parts

The problem with the Revell kit is simple one of age , the original kit was released nearly 20 years ago, and the RAF boxing of the kit now bears little resemblance to operational aircraft , add in non existent intake trunking , simplified undercarriage bays , and a weapons load stuck in the 1990s , and the logic behind italeri's release makes perfect sense!

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 2/1/2017 at 12:32 PM, colin ritchie said:

To-day is officially a Very good day .. and those 32nd Aircrew/Ground crew as well - Excellent!

I'm looking forward to the pilots & ground-crew set, too. It was only announced about 2 years ago! Italeri are obviously not in any great hurry on this one, but I'll buy several sets once they're on the shelves. 

Cheers.

Chris.

• 9 months later...
11 hours ago, spruecutter96 said:

Are you asking after the Tornado?

Chris. 

Yes Chris, I assume it will now be this year looking at recent Italeri 2019 catalog thread which was started the other day? 

Mark

• 6 months later...

Messaged Italeri about any teasers regarding this the other day and got a reply saying ‘Ciao we will post the first preview in fall 2019.’

I also noticed that the dimensions with the original artwork previously listed on here has added 6cm from 46.1cm to 52.1cm in the current preview catalogue on the Italeri website 

(52.1cm scaling up to 16.7m on the real thing).

Cheers Bob.

Edited by bobsyouruncle
Dimensions change listed
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The italian version of the text doesn't tell about the presence at Nuremberg of the kit in any form ( testshot, assembled model and so on), it tells simply that in 2020 we will see the new kit. No more. 

2 hours ago, gioca said:

The italian version of the text doesn't tell about the presence at Nuremberg of the kit in any form ( testshot, assembled model and so on), it tells simply that in 2020 we will see the new kit. No more. 

Other sources are quoting something that I couldn't find that suggested what I wrote. I linked only what I could find.

Cheers,

WV908

1 hour ago, WV908 said:

Other sources are quoting something that I couldn't find that suggested what I wrote. I linked only what I could find.

Cheers,

WV908

I'm telling the italian text on official site does not speak about presentation of a  3D model during Nurembergh, nothing else. Is it possible Italeri have a test shot for the show ? Whay not, I don't Know, the italian text is clear, what Italeri intends to do for the Fayr not. simply

Ciao

Giovanni