Coastal Command Halifax GR.II HR686 - Revell / Aeroclub / Freightdog 1/72

I'd like to join in on the congratulatory remarks as well, that is quite the stunning model. I read through the full build before coming back to reply to your RfI, and had a moment of realisation.

I will absolutely need those Aeroclub nacelles after seeing the comparison. When I saw the kit radiator openings next to the club parts, I thought I could maybe work with them... But that all stopped when I saw the prop and spinner comparison. :undecided:

Although I really enjoy the look of the Z nose, I doubt I'll spring for one as well as the nacelles. Seeing yours is good enough for me! 

Thanks for presenting us with your process and finished masterpiece, it is truly a joy to read the build and see the results.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, stringbag said:

Another flawless build Matey.

Enjoyed the WIP as well even though I haven't posted much throughout the journey.

Chris

Thanks for the kind comments guys, I guess there's a lot of us with a soft spot for the Halifax.

cheers Chris, were your ears burning yesterday? Bumped into Dave and Malcolm at the Bolton show!

7 hours ago, Mal said:

That's fantastic Niel,just as well I spoke to you at Bolton.

Malcolm

Great to catch up Mal, first time I've been to the Bolton show despite it being the nearest!

4 hours ago, dolphin38 said:

Excellent build, I shall consign my attempt to the bin it is not fit to be on the same earth as this beauty :thumbsup:

Don't you dare, I'm sure it's very worthy of gracing the pages of Britmodeller :)

3 hours ago, crobinsonh said:

Fabulous build. What is next?

Thanks Colin,

not sure. I've got a 1/48 Paragon Lincoln coming thanks to Chris (cngaero), so that might push its way to the top.....gulp!!!

cheers

neil

• Like 1

I can't add anything to what's already been said. Absolutely gorgeous, plus a great background story. Altogether a very nice tribute to the crews who " simply went missing"....

Ian

• Like 1

Really nice mate, will this be at Huddersfield? I can't remember if I've asked on the build thread.

Good to catch up over the weekend. I wanted to ask you something about this but totally forgot and forgotten what it was now...

• Like 1

Super job. Love the restrained weathering (on a largely white aircraft too) and the Aeroclub engines look super too.

Presumably the depth charges went in the wing bomb bays?

Regards,

Adrian

Edited by AdrianMF
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Radleigh said:

Really nice mate, will this be at Huddersfield? I can't remember if I've asked on the build thread.

Good to catch up over the weekend. I wanted to ask you something about this but totally forgot and forgotten what it was now...

We're only displaying the BC stuff mate unfortunately. Maybe we need a 4 engined heavy sig, with these and the various off shoots, there would be a great display!

10 hours ago, AdrianMF said:

Super job. Love the restrained weathering (on a largely white aircraft too) and the Aeroclub engines look super too.

Presumably the depth charges went in the wing bomb bays?

Regards,

Adrian

Yes Adrian, I chose not to open the wings off as I'm trying to complete more builds this year!

cheers

• Like 2

I kinda hope there isn't to be a Coastal SIG, I''d feel duty bound to model any of the late war Sunderlands at Pembroke Dock in memory of my dad's service there and any of the Cats that sometimes borrowed crew members if there was need*

Dad said*

I can't discuss it with him any more...

• Like 2

Both ideas seem good, if I had time, I'd like to have more CC and civvy versions of the wartime 4 engines aircraft built, not to mention some of the weird and wonderful test beds for jet engines on the Lanc

That's a superb looking Halifax.  A great finish and weathering and those replacement parts were definitely worth the effort.  Good to see a Coastal version too as they seem to be a bit of a Cinderella service compared to Fighter and Bomber Command but did so much to secure these Isles.  I particularly like this scheme.