ignoring members

It's amazing how annoying some people (self and present company excluded of course) can be.  They serve no useful purpose in life other than making you become a potential murder suspect :shrug:

• Haha 5

18 hours ago, Mike said:

It's amazing how annoying some people (self and present company excluded of course) can be.  They serve no useful purpose in life other than making you become a potential murder suspect :shrug:

It takes years of practise Mike, but there's no denying that some of us have a raw talent to nurture and develop making us particularly adept at being annoying. :) 

• Like 4

I've used the ignore function once. Not on this forum though, on another modelling one.

A poster there has a habit of mangling the English language and punctuating posts with a thousand exclamation marks and unnecessary capitals. 

I found myself not logging in to the site as the posts just wound me up. My fault for being a grumpy old Meldrew, but once seen and all that.

I didn't know an ignore function existed until I read this thread. I applied it to the other forum and I'm a happy bunny as a consequence.

🐇

20 minutes ago, TonyW said:

I applied it to the other forum and I'm a happy bunny as a consequence.

You're not alone in hating people butchering our language.  innit?!!!!!  (Sorry, I 'ad to do that )

Knowledge is only worth anything if you share it with others :yes:

• Haha 2

I'm not usually fussy about grammar and spelling, but I wish model railway forums had an ignore button.

It's Duchess of Sutherland not Dutchess of Sutherland 🤬

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, WV908 said:

I'm not usually fussy about grammar and spelling, but I wish model railway forums had an ignore button.

The mods could fix that with a word filter if they're also using Invision.  It would look for the full name misspelt, then replace it automatically... relief :)

That's quite interesting - I think they do use Invision (or something very close to it), though I doubt they would bother using the word filter. Said forum is run a bit different to here. 

5 hours ago, TonyW said:

I've used the ignore function once. Not on this forum though, on another modelling one.

A poster there has a habit of mangling the English language and punctuating posts with a thousand exclamation marks and unnecessary capitals. 

I found myself not logging in to the site as the posts just wound me up. My fault for being a grumpy old Meldrew, but once seen and all that.

I didn't know an ignore function existed until I read this thread. I applied it to the other forum and I'm a happy bunny as a consequence.

🐇

Dear Mr T-Shirt, I am saddened to learn that apparently you do not only frequent this (lifesaving) forum but other modelling fora as well. But I will forgive you (possibly) as that unnamed other forum is another modelling forum (tinkering with cars again, are you, ey?) and not a collecting forum 🙂 

If and when I go somewhere on holiday, I do not expect anyone to speak German. I will try to at least learn some chunks of the respective language, if only "please" and "thank you" for starters. I consider that as a matter of a modicum of respect - while I am not particularly enamoured to the concept of "nations", I respect the concept of culture. And I hope to keep up to my own yardstick with at least the wording of my posts, if not at all time the contents. At the mo, there is precisely one member here which I'd consider to put on an ignore list. But I won't, even if he claims to know all on a subject. 🙂 and his posts are so incredibly badly translated from Alpine-German that he can't have run them through an online translator - he must have done it himself. Man vs Machine, man loses.

3 hours ago, WV908 said:

What if Sutherland had been invaded by the Netherlands? Would that make a difference? And - did you check the lineage? Some William of Oranje influence there - possibly?

• Haha 9

Good evening Claus. It's good to hear from you.

Dear Mr T-Shirt, I am saddened to learn that apparently you do not only frequent this (lifesaving) forum but other modelling fora as well. But I will forgive you (possibly) as that unnamed other forum is another modelling forum (tinkering with cars again, are you, ey?) and not a collecting forum  

The forum in question shall remain un-named, it would be rude to be specific. It's not a collector one either, perish the thought!

I have to say I  never felt the need to ignore anyone on this forum. Which isn't to say I wasn't ignored?

In general it's whole forums I ignore. Some are quite poisonous. It's  quite telling that I  only contribute to two forums now. Here and something quite unrelated which is effectively a closed forum. 

I used to happily contribute to various forums often aviation related including PPruNe. But I simply couldn't take the  negativity. Which to be fair is relatively rare in Britmodeller. I did exit myself from  here at one point but it was my own crankyness not Britmodeller.

I soon  crawled back to find I wasn't missed☹

Oh well.😄

Edited by noelh
  • Like 4

Now there's one member here who really gets up my nose with his constant wise*** posts and comments, and with never a finished model to post. Wait a tick, that's me I'm talking about! Can you self-ignore? What a relief that would be!

Best Regards,

Jason (being ignored by wise people since birth)

• Haha 12

6 hours ago, Learstang said:

Now there's one member here who really gets up my nose with his constant wise*** posts and comments, and with never a finished model to post. Wait a tick, that's me I'm talking about! Can you self-ignore? What a relief that would be!

Best Regards,

Jason (being ignored by wise people since birth)

“I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.”

Groucho Marx

• Like 1
  • Haha 4