Nippon Maru

Hi all,

Here is, finally, the Nippon Maru from Imai at 1/150.

She has been a training ship for many years and is now a museum. It was a long but fun built, very nice kit, too bad Imai is no longer around. This is the first with four mats and I figured then that one extra mast should not be that much more work, yeah, right...

Anyway, hope you like her.

T/care

Jesse

nippon2_zpsm1gatonu.jpg

nippon1_zpss4i9uhv5.jpg

nippon4_zpsjcioxah0.jpg

nippon3_zps4ceoltni.jpg

• Like 18

Brilliant result, bravo!

I agree it's a pity the Imai range of ships have all but disappeared now- they were excellent kits. They used to turn up on ebay quite frequently, but I have been looking for their 1/150 Napoleon kit for 10 years without success!

5 hours ago, Killingholme said:

Brilliant result, bravo!

I agree it's a pity the Imai range of ships have all but disappeared now- they were excellent kits. They used to turn up on ebay quite frequently, but I have been looking for their 1/150 Napoleon kit for 10 years without success!

I had a discussion with Sam about those here

See my last reply, maybe you can take a chance & contact this guy, maybe he can get another Napoleon.

eBay.com.au look for a seller by the name ''modelshipyard''.

Let me know.

Jesse

I'm stunned at the detail you have the eyes for and that you have been able to incorperate in your model!  :winkgrin:

I envy those that have this abillity! :worthy:

What a great model! :goodjob:

On a side note, I've just been to kingKit's homepage and they have the Nippon Maru in stock, but alas UK sales only! :blush:

Cheers :bye:

Hans J

5 hours ago, HansReggelsen said:

I'm stunned at the detail you have the eyes for and that you have been able to incorperate in your model!  :winkgrin:

I envy those that have this abillity! :worthy:

What a great model! :goodjob:

On a side note, I've just been to kingKit's homepage and they have the Nippon Maru in stock, but alas UK sales only! :blush:

Cheers :bye:

Hans J

Hi Hans,

Thank you for the kind words, she is getting quite rare, they made one at 1/100 scale, but that one is impossible to find, last week I found her sister ship Kaiwo Maru at 1/100 but,  in the US, but after almost convincing them to send it, but USPS refused because of its size, and having it sent by UPS would have made the shipping cost ridiculous.

Jesse

6 hours ago, Nomore Shelfspace said:

Nice, I photographed the real one in Yokohama about 2009. I'll post some here if you're interested.

Thanks, but no need for the photos, I had some from a friend that was there a few years back.

Jesse