F9F-5P Panther

I've been working my way through some long term residents of my stash and this little gem of a kit has been with me since late 1999. Bought at the long closed model shop in Bath one evening on a work trip, I was worried the decals would be unusable and I could find no alternative. Luckily they were brilliant, thin and pliable, a joy to work with.

Panther1_zpskxngb7ea.jpg

The kit itself is a modification of the original Monogram Panther -5 and fits together beautifully. It is almost out of the box, just some aftermarket belts and an Eduard masking set, A total joy from beginning to end.

Panther2_zps3hhy2x16.jpg

Even Photobucket worked perfectly.

Pamther3_zpszsvh2l64.jpg

Thanks for looking

• Like 12

very neat,  if the decals had packed up you could have done a NMF (I think) Panther... 

Grumman_F9F-5P_Panther_of_VC-61_in_fligh

A U.S. Navy Grumman F9F-5P Panther (BuNo 126270) of Composite Squadron VC-61 "Eyes of the Fleet" in flight over Naval Air Station North Island and Point Loma, California (USA).

says he having recently  got a F9F-5P (thanks  Mike) and been doing some research..

I think some served in Korea, but I need to confirm.

Hope of interest

T

• Like 1

Thanks chaps for the kind words. I had a lot of fun building her and I am looking out for the fighter version when I go to Huddesfield Show.

Troy thanks for posting the photo, it would have been an easy alternative if the decals had not worked. I tried on of the unused alternative schemes decals on a test mule so I was confident  they would not shatter but I was still worried about them conforming, which they did with just a coat of Klear.

Glyn  the camera windows didn't fit too well so I merely painted them and filled the hole with Glue 'n Glaze. I was surprised how well they turned out.

• Like 1