Inpact/Lindberg/Round2 1/48 Bleriot 1910 Monoplane

Hello,

My second 1/48 model ever, the Inpact Bleriot 1910 Monoplane, as re-released by Round2/Lindberg. OOB except for stretched sprue rigging and home-made wire wheels. WIP is here.

I got home today and took these pictures outside on my step in fading daylight. If they are blurry it's because I was shivering from the cold!

Bleriot_1.jpg

Bleriot_2.jpg

Bleriot_3.jpg

Bleriot_4.jpg

Bleriot_5.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Adrian

• Like 24

I have very fond memories of the Inpact kits from many, many years ago. The Bleriot, Deperdussin, Boxkite, Antoinette etc, all really nice and were way ahead of most other manufacturers in terms of quality.

Really great to see one make an appearance on here, especially when so beautifully built.

Cheers

John

• Like 1

The wire wheels are a major improvement to this venerable kit. I too remember building these when they were released in the late 1960's and I too thought that they were very good at the time. Looks as though they have sttod the test of time well - in your hnds at least.

P

• Like 1

Thank you all for the comments!

I hope to do some more of these - I have a Lindberg/Round2 re-pop of the Avro Biplane near the top of the stash. Next time I think I might try a darker rib station colour on the vertical and underside faces of the fabric. But in the meantime, I have a number of Shelf of Doom and group build projects that urgently need attention!

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AdrianMF said:

I hope to do some more of these - I have a Lindberg/Round2 re-pop of the Avro Biplane near the top of the stash.

I have the biplane too, and a Bristol Boxkite turned up in the post this week. I feel a trip to Old Warden coming on, just to get a few close-up photos.

• Like 1