Roden Fokker Triplane - Green Camouflage

IrishKiwi

I am about to start the Roden 1/32 Fokker Triplane and want to do the green wash camouflage for the fuselage and upper wing surfaces that was found on many Triplanes.  I have come across some ideas for doing this but I am keen to hear other modellers opinions and experiences on this? 

I did the same kit last year, using the Gunsight Graphics 'Fokker streak' decals over Tamiya acrylic CDL mix, and it came out quite well. (Link here.) Not sure whether those decals are still on the market (I'd gotten mine some years ago), but they were easy to use, and produced quite a nice effect. (I've also tried hand-brushing it in the past...which came out okay...but the decals were better.)

I haven't tried them , but I have a set of Micro-sculpt 1/48 scale Fokker Streaking decals.  They do look nice, probably better than my painted attempt.   You'd be very lucky if you could find a set of Gunsight Graphics 1/32 Fokker Decals.

Model On !!

Tony

Hi Guys, many thanks for your replies.  The Gunsight Graphics decals which did come out in 1/32 scale would be great but it seems they are no longer available unless they appear on the second-hand market. If there is anyone out there who know where these can be obtained please advise.   The other approaches are also good especially the use of several colours blended to produce a stunning effect.  

• 2 weeks later...