1/72 Airfix Harrier GR.1 RAF Wildenrath

As my usual fast build oob (less than one week), great little gem of a model, I really like the whole last airfix production, top value for money imho.
Decals are a mix from Model Alliance and Airfix, Houchin 25Kva are from my production.

gr1_001.jpg

gr1_002.jpg

gr1_003.jpg

gr1_004.jpg

• Like 41

Agree with the others, you've done a lovely build there with a simple diorama that sets of a neat kit. The subtle small details all set this one off nicely. 

Insperational is a word that comes to mind..

Cheers.. Dave

As said by fellow BM'ers, a nice simple, but effective presentation and just as I remember that particular Harrier and the "sit" of it. I spent a short period of time on 4 Sqn  on detached duty when the Unit got it's first Harriers in 1970.The aircraft were delivered in batches of 4 if I remember but some had the Type "D"? markings and were initially delivered in the gloss polyurethane paint finish. Enough of my "wittering", suffice to say Magnifico. Keep them coming - you can't get enough of that great aircraft. Cheers

albamac:viking:.........frustrated Norseman.

2 hours ago, albamac said:

Type "D"? markings and were initially delivered in the gloss polyurethane paint finish.

I've seen around a picture just like that (I really like the polished planes) but at the end I preferred to give him this partly wheatered appearance. Thanks albamac.