MiG-29 drawings

tempestfan

When structuring my library, I noticed I have more 29 references than expected. Having inherited a couple of different early 29 kits, I have a plan of doing something vicious to them over the next decades. I have the following drawings:

- Aerofax Extra (or whatever )

- 4+

- in a book by Yefim Gordon (Airlife) and

- by M. Mokrecki in "Bibliotheka Magazynu Lotnictwo Wojskowe" #8, sold by MCP (ahhh, those were the days ***sigh***) as "Magnum X".

Any opinions re accuracy, damnability or recommendations? I'm inclined to regard Aerofax as lowest in the food chain, but as always am happy to be proven wrong. 

Aleksey Mikheyev's drawings in the Polygon MiG-29 book (Moscow,1998) are highly recommended. He had access to MiG MAPO's bureau archives at the time. Yefim Gordon bought the Polygon imprint a few years later, so there's a chance he recycled Mikheyev's drawings somewhere in an English-language volume. However I don't recall seeing them elsewhere.

• 3 weeks later...

There was no MiG-29 9-13 from the Zvezda yet, these drawings

http://scalemodels.ru/modules/forum/viewtopic_t_10319_start_0.html

were considered on 9-13 as the best.

But as MiG-29 from the Zvezda became on the basis of documentation of experimental design bureau MiG and measurements of real planes, actually at the moment this model more precisely than any available drawings.
In the Russian segment of the Internet, the drawings published by Mikheyev are considered accepted on early modifications MiG-29 9-12 while to drawings of other modifications there is a mass of claims.

B.R.

Serge