RAF GR.1 Corsair II (now with pics!!)

Scooterman

That's a very nice build there @Scooterman Very clean and tidy. I had similar issues with the canopy on mine many years ago I doubt that time has improved matters.

@charlie_c67 Looking at the loadout and the pilot name tag I think this is depicting the aircraft as presented at the First Acceptance in the US. Note no squadron code, serial number or warning signs for the arrestor hook. Kudos to Scooterman for picking something different. This should re-open the debate as to whether this was a real RAF bird or a mocked up for the event US airframe. IIRC the aircraft was, unusually if not uniquely, roped off preventing close approach by anyone. The Press were kept to the rear of the assembled guests and all photos were from two(?) MoD Official photographers featuring much white mist and low light. Possibly a mystery that will never be completely solved.

Lovely job.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, charlie_c67 said:

Nice! What colours have you used? Personal choice, but something about it says BOZ and sky shadow pods would've been good for countermeasures....

NATO and Lichen greens.  I didn't think BOZ/SS.  Too bad, that would have been even better!  Great idea.

• 2 weeks later...