Takom King Tiger - open hull

Jusjay

So here is my (pretty much) finished Takom King Tiger! Bought for me for Christmas and I've enjoyed every minute of the build. It was built out of order sort of and the idea was taken from a video I watched on YouTube so I cannot take the credit for the idea on how to display this. Paints used were Ammo by Mig King Tiger set and Tamiya. Primer was ultimate black Primer. All I need to do now is get a wooden base for the thing and maybe add some steel to the track cleats. I've done minimal weathering on this and finished it as a clean build.  Thoughts welcome! 

DSC00045_zpsrcegavve.jpg

DSC00054_zpsaz8dgzgp.jpg

DSC00051_zps01olhtac.jpg

DSC00050_zpstzh8paqf.jpg

DSC00055_zpsftkzujeo.jpg

DSC00051_zps01olhtac.jpg

DSC00058_zpsbdfnvebh.jpg

• Like 25

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, sonofjim said:

A nice clean build Sir and great display piece ! The camo looks great .

:thumbsup:

Thanks very much for the comment :) I was a bit concerned about the camo initially. It's not mounted on a block of wood, I'll try get a photo of that soon. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jusjay said:

Thanks very much for the comment :) I was a bit concerned about the camo initially. It's not mounted on a block of wood, I'll try get a photo of that soon. 

you are very welcome Nothing to worry about with that camo at all .

bet it looks superb on the wooden base , i'll look forward to seeing that .

• Like 1

Just now, sonofjim said:

you are very welcome Nothing to worry about with that camo at all .

bet it looks superb on the wooden base , i'll look forward to seeing that .

It does add something to it I must admit. I'm trying with the idea of painting the base white instead of plain wood but can't decide lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jusjay said:

It does add something to it I must admit. I'm trying with the idea of painting the base white instead of plain wood but can't decide lol

:hmmm:, I think I would just mount it on plain polished (perhaps) ? wood Jay, keeping it simple but smart looking .

You did such a nice job of the build and paint its speaks for itself without the need for anything  jazzy with the base mate .

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Jusjay said:

Sounds like a good plan mate, thank you. I'll give it a clean and Polish when I get a chance :)

I think that's all it'll need to really set off your nice work mate . 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Lovely clean build and a smart presentation. Would love to see the finished 'mounted' display on it's base, I'm sure it looks top notch!

Spotted this kit in my LHS last weekend, and was tempted to buy it, but didn't. Seeing your great rendition, you've changed my temptation into desire - I think I'll have to have it! (Here's hoping that no-one else has grabbed it first!)

Cheers

Kev

• Like 1

17 hours ago, modelman182 said:

Lovely clean build and a smart presentation. Would love to see the finished 'mounted' display on it's base, I'm sure it looks top notch!

Spotted this kit in my LHS last weekend, and was tempted to buy it, but didn't. Seeing your great rendition, you've changed my temptation into desire - I think I'll have to have it! (Here's hoping that no-one else has grabbed it first!)

Cheers

Kev

Many thanks for your comment Kev, very much appreciated. It's a great kit, really enjoyed building it. Definitely recommend it, go grab it! :)

I'll try and get some pictures of it on the base soon, i must admit i intended to but completely forgot!

• 2 weeks later...