As an enthusiast of not perfectly engineered, perhaps primitive, short run kits of unusual subjects from manufacturers such as Amodel and a few others, I'd say this looks outstanding, an excellent piece of work.  T.E. Lawrence once wrote, "Nine tenths of tactics are fixed and taught in books: but the irrational tenth is like the kingfisher flashing across the pool, and that is the test of generals."  Amodel and its kin are the irrational tenth of model making. 

• Like 1

Amazing model and very nice photography? Superb! This natural light photos are perfect. Please can You tell wich camera You did use? I an very astonished how sharp the background looks! 

Thx 

Andy 

2 hours ago, Andy Dyck said:

Amazing model and very nice photography? Superb! This natural light photos are perfect. Please can You tell wich camera You did use? I an very astonished how sharp the background looks! 

Thx 

Andy 

they were taken with a Nikon DSLR and a 18-35mm zoom, manual settings, and manual focus, f/25 1/80th second ISO 320

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Meatbox8 said:

A great build of an interesting aircraft.   A super paint finish.  Just one question though, at 1/72 where on Earth do you keep it?!

I have a custom made cabinet for the large items  

2 hours ago, Andy Dyck said:

Thx 

Andy 

Agree with that. Great photos; at first I thought they were reference shots of the real thing. 

3 hours ago, galaxygirl said:

I have a custom made cabinet for the large items  

How long before the answer to "where do you keep it" becomes "I have TWO custom made cabinets for the large items."

Your Il-38 on the realistic airfield apron with natural light has got to be one of the best model presentations I have seen in a long time......it looks like photos of a real aircraft. ....fantastic galaxygirl......and I cannot believe it is your first post too

cheers, Adrian.

This is a great looking build, don't know how I missed this topic till now. I have space problems to. I also had cases made for my planes, having more made up now. You definitely are coming in like a lion. I like these multi engine behemoths. I have the Amodel Cleat waiting to come into the skunkworks. Want to get an Il-18, just expensive. Cases or planes.

Hello,Galaxygirl - Welcome to the Forum and what a beautifully built,finished and displayed debut you've made.I love the quality and detail of the painting and finishing work and your 'Il-18' is a resplendent tribute to the type.

😉👍 All the best,Paul.